Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
But it is not free of charge if you actually want to test the code you have written on your own device. That's where Microsoft completely f***ed it up.
I received an email from Nokia offering a 'Free Microsoft App Hub registration':

Originally Posted by Nokia WP Spam
Exclusive: Free Microsoft App Hub registration
Your membership entitles you to an exclusive offer for a free Microsoft App Hub registration. The one-year membership is available for all Nokia Developer PRO and Launchpad members who have an Nokia Store publisher account and are based in countries that Microsoft supports on the App Hub.
Does this not include testing on my own device?

EDIT: The email was misleading, as it's actually a refund:

Originally Posted by Nokia Small Print
Free Microsoft App Hub registration
We are offering a free Microsoft App Hub registration for the first one year to those Nokia Developer PRO and Launchpad members who are registered Ovi publishers. This offer will save you $99 USD (the regular annual membership fee) as the membership fee will be refunded to you by Microsoft.

Find details and instructions on how to take advantage of this by clicking ’Accept’. By proceeding and clicking ‘I Accept’, you agree that Nokia may give your contact information to Microsoft and Microsoft may contact you if needed. You also agree that the App Hub membership fee refund will be processed only if the given instructions are followed.
Lame.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2012-01-17 at 20:27.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Managed to get it working now. I only tried one of my accounts before, and it seems that with that particular account, there is a problem when using @gmail.com rather than @googlemail.com. It's probably because I didn't migrate the account over to gmail.com despite all those annoying reminders that I kept getting every time I logged in using a web browser.
Tsk....tsk

Judging from the comments and some bits I read elsewhere, they were 'forced' to remove it from the marketplace. However, I'm a loose cannon and don't care much about potential legal problems or cosying up to corporations.
Ahh the company that says don't do evil, being just like Microsoft. I guess they couldn't stand the thought of devs producing a youtube app that surpasses their stock android counterpart haha.

Once your device is developer unlocked which it should be if you're registered to the App hub, then you can test your code on your own device from my knowledge. I think pycage was referring to homebrewing i.e without registration to Apphub.

btw Marxian, I have some development questions to ask, mind if I PM them to you, I've gone off-topic enough

The Following User Says Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
btw Marxian, I have some development questions to ask, mind if I PM them to you, I've gone off-topic enough
No problem.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: