Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by stratax View Post
seriously though, my BIGGEST complaint is that the n9 doesnt have a equalizer (and sigma doesnt really help). thats really it.. and no free voip like android has (gtalk)
No free VoIP? huh?

It supports gTalk and has extensive standards based SIP support built in. That's one of the reasons I stick with Nokia phones. They're generally the best SIP mobiles going.

Originally Posted by aegis View Post
No free VoIP? huh?

It supports gTalk and has extensive standards based SIP support built in. That's one of the reasons I stick with Nokia phones. They're generally the best SIP mobiles going.
like on my amaze i had a app called "GrooveIP" and it used my google account to use free wifi or 3g/4g.

I tried to setup a SIP for hours and every program lead to "pay now" or "1 free call" -_____- couldnt find one free program that would work with it. or maybe im just dumb. i actually never heard of SIP before i got the N9..

i made a account on "sip2sip" and signed into the account through SIP and still a no-go. couldnt make free calls. also downloaded a app called qgvdial and it wont make free calls either..

thats the main thing i miss from android, "free" wifi calling. since i dont have a data plan or calling, i just use texting and wifi, since where i live there is wifi everywhere.

if you know how i could set it up and actually work feel free to let me know

edit: this if my first Nokia phone so that probably explains a lot.

Tags
disappointment, lack of apps, specc=ericsson, tizen is savior