I backed up the phone with its inbuilt back-up programme.

Tried then OTA update to PR1.3, but it asked for PC Suite.

Set up PC Suite on the new laptop: it didn't obviously work.

Then connected to Ovi Suite with cable: it blocked me three times. Then it wanted to back up my 4.7K songs. I cancelled back-up and went for a basic Ovi Suite back-up.

PR1.3 update took about 10 minutes. The recovery from the Ovi Suite didn't work. It didn't find the phone and then just refused to go right.

I recovered the phone from the inbuilt programme. Then it downloaded missing 79 programmes for about two hours.

The whole operation took almost 3 hours. Hope it was worth it. I haven't obviously been able to see if everything works.

Originally Posted by edsall View Post
Regular Guy here! don't know what to look out for, zootube still don't work on my phone but i hope it does something good for the phone .I'm not a tech guy just a normal guy with this phone but i like it a lot.
Have you tried @scene. IMHO it is better for Youtube videos.

Does this allow up to 9 home screens? If it doesn't then I will just ignore the update.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Does this allow up to 9 home screens? If it doesn't then I will just ignore the update.
Yes, via Matan's modification.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Yes, via Matan's modification.
i update to 1.3 and i loose my 9 desktops, im trying to get it again but no way to get it, somebody more have this problem?

if i know i lose my desktops i never update cuz i can not see nothing new whit the update, all working exactly same like before but whitout my desktops
anybody know how i can get it again? i try whit the aplication desktop+, that works perfect before and also to installing again matans hildom desktop and hildom home and nothing

I upgraded to this sw yesterday using PCSuite. I restored all my applications, contacts, messages, etc from the backup stored on the N900.
Since that time I am experiencing fishy operations of the message/call log. Somethimes the threads of Skype for different persons are mixed (at least, when I click to a thread, it opens another conversation, which I know doesn't belong to that person). Also sometimes I know, that I received an SMS, but when i go to the conversations, I can find nothing there or I can see something, but with no recipient's name or phone number.
And what is even worse: suddenly all my SMSs disappear. It happened with me twice today. i tried to delete the database file, I thought the structure might have been changed, but it did go better.

Does anyone else have the same experience or is something wrong for me only? One extra info: i am using the same Skype account from my PC also, so sometimes I reply from the PC, sometimes from N900. It had issues with PR1.2 also because of this, but far not this serious! My messages were there, simply it was diffucult to open it, if I replied last fro the PC to a thread.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
I wasn't expecting flash ( can never tell with adobe involved ) but I am rather disappointed that this release didn't receive any HTML5 Audio/Video love.

As far as I can tell both the gecko based microb browser, and the Qt4.7 bundled Webkit engine are still lacking any HTML5 Audio/Video support.

Still an essential release, my understanding is that this release will provide binary compatibility for MeeGo Applications. So not even a recompile is necessary to run a MeeGo 1.1 arm app on a pr1.3 N900.

I'm pretty sure Qt apps originally developed for Symbian will still require a recompile however.

I'll try this here:

I have tried to install the OTA update, but it will just download the 44.9 mb worth of data and just sit there on the progress bar. It dosnt tell me to use the PC Suite or USB or anything. Any ideas?

Thanks

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I'm a bit disappointed, frankly. They fixed 100 bugs, true, but of those only 3 or 4 actually manifested on my device, and of those some were already patched by others, like the new pulseaudio package.

True, they fixed that annoying phone glitch with the buttons running all over on ring and with the sum of all issues it feels snappier, but then again it already felt snappier when I increased computing power by 50% via overclocking.

It's good that they delivered and to my understanding the new Qt and stuff really will boost the device's ability to get new apps. It would be great news if it weren't for the fact that -devel seems to have fewer and fewer additions.

So yes, thanks, Nokia, and if the Qt thing pans out it'll be worth the wait. If development continues to slow down then it wasn't worth it. Frankly, I'd rather have the buttons freak out again if they'd fix the alarm sound shortage or something useful. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then my N900 randomly decides to only ring (speakers) for about 5 seconds on an alarm. UI still is lit and all, but no sound. Sometimes 5 seconds is too little to wake me up.

@wakkamis: It does that. Mine spent maybe 10 minutes at 0%. Let it be. It takes a while.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
yes if you enjoy hundreds of people running and shouting at panic, jamming tmo with constant f5 after asking silly questions.
Who doesn't? It's rather hilarious IMO...

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatulent troll, richard cranium