Originally Posted by M_99 View Post
Versions available are:

YUM for Linux
.tar.gz for Linux
.rpm for Linux
.deb for Ubuntu 8.04+
APT for Ubuntu 9.04+

CU - M_99
Sounds like you are visiting a site that requires a newer Flash version.
It's Adobe's big annual MAX show this week, and they've said Flash 10.1 will be on MeeGo.
Nothing about Maemo, which is fair enough as even Nokia are moving away from Maemo to MeeGo...

The Following User Says Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
again the same question. does tweak flash work with PR 1.3?
NO... just updated and i lost the flash tweaker first it said its mismatched then i uninstalled it now there's no way (so far) to make fb vidclip play

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Dear God.

I can't believe it. The guy is a genius.

All my years and I never imagined tracert would accept a target with a protocol in front of it. I imagined it would say "http:... invalid host".
Take note that he used "h-t-t-p dot-dot", not a colon.
That's the ticket.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by M_99 View Post
"Adobe confirms Flash Player 10.1 is coming to BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7 and more"

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/25/a...kberry-window/

CU - M_99
Hey, I heard that news somewhere... I know ! A year ago on the Adobe conference ! Also, at the time they were confirming Flash 10.1 on WinMo 6.x, the Palm Pre and demoing the "Flash 10.1 enabled N900" among other assorted Flash vapourware. So call me unimpressed when it comes to Adobe's "confirmations".

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I'm starting the rumor that they found it causes sterilization in male geeks and they're working to fix it. Go ahead--try to prove that rumor wrong!
Considering how heated the topic gets occasionally, I would not think that would necessarily be categorized as a blocker

Last edited by attila77; 2010-10-26 at 12:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Cracow, Poland
Yep, sorry I meant 1.3.

can some one please tell me what do you see when you click on my nokia ? what does it say ?

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Flash 10 would be nice, but I was really hoping we'd see some HTML5 Audio/Video in PR1.3

Unfortunately it's still missing in both MicroB and QWebKit.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toulouse
Originally Posted by go1dfish View Post
Flash 10 would be nice, but I was really hoping we'd see some HTML5 Audio/Video in PR1.3

Unfortunately it's still missing in both MicroB and QWebKit.
HTML5 Audio/Video will hopefully be provided via Firefox.

Last edited by dominik; 2010-10-27 at 07:07.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
can some one please tell me what do you see when you click on my nokia ? what does it say ?
I keep clicking on your nokia and it says, 'ow!'
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Hi Folks,

Just to let you know, from flash dev perspective fresh news. There is new stuff incoming for all flash enabled devices (and N900 is still not on the list) Fully 3D GPU accelerated flash player... All Androids + Blackberries will get this in the 1st half of the 2011. The only hope is MeeGo, Maemo seems to be abandoned.

If you will google up some demos from MAX 2010 keynote you will see amazing stuff that will bring full 3D performance without touching processor at all. The last Flash drawback that was always the case (poor Flash performance because of lack of gpu accel. support seems to be removed). I am really exited about this no because of fully flagged 3D games in flash player in the future but because of possibility to speed up even 2d content same way. My project called Flaemo will definitely will go that direction. I'm pretty sure that this little web based OS on AIR will perform better than Maemo on N900 and this is very sad news actually. Not realize potential of this technology by Nokia. Apart of all opinions of flash haters, that was natural way that Flash player could go, and its significant achievement to do something that java was up to but they just failed. This even will open completely new chapter in Flash Web Development and make HTML5 vs Flash war completely useless and put html5 as already out of date technology.
Before was truly born. I am not saying, that will replace it. But again, html and flash will always coexist, and devices that supports both are the winners.

There is couple of demos what new Flash Player will be capable to do. And here is the Russian( IMHO opinion the best 3D flash solution provider from past 2 years) Alternativa 3D. They get close to Adobe and prepared some demos. http://alternativaplatform.com/en/showcase/. Check this out, especially the first 3.

Personally, I am still looking for my jaw on the floor . Good luck Nokia with loosing such a huge potential being involved in Open Screen Project ONCE AGAIN.

Sorry for my bad English bud I'm celebrating 25th of October as the best day in my professional career ever, having the best scotch whiskey

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update