Hi,

How do i make my n900 sale proof!? I obv don't want the next person being able to access my information/pics etc that I have taken.

I understand it's more of a computer than a phone, and am hoping there isn't secret back ups etc of my personal stuff?

Also, i've managed to delete most of my pics, but theres 379 read only ones that won't delete?

Thanks guys,
Wayne

Reflash firmware and eMMC and you will wipe all your data.

Reflashing firmware & Reflashing eMMC.

Last edited by kolos; 2010-08-22 at 12:37.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Remember to set the lock code to the default 12345 as to not confuse/frustrate the potential buyer ..

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Here is what you can do:

1. First reset the "Device Lock" code to 1234 from Menu > Settings > Device Lock
2. Flash your N900's FIASCO/rootfs image from here, without the -R parameter (-R - Restarts after flashing)
3. Flash your N900's eMMC from here.

If you do not want your N900 to boot after flashing everything, do not use the -R in step 2. By doing this, the person who gets the phone from you will be able to select the date, time, region etc and he might feel good about it

Note: As you want it to be in factory condition, the third step will take care of deleting every data that you have on your N900.

Hope this helps.

On a completely different note, why do you really want to give your N900 off?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to avinashtjoshi For This Useful Post:
How do I take a complete backup of my device including pictures, videos etc on Mass memory too..

Originally Posted by avinashtjoshi View Post
Here is what you can do:
On a completely different note, why do you really want to give your N900 off?
I'd sell mine in a flash if I could find someone to buy it for a half decent price, its the biggest pile of cr@p I've ever owned.

Yes it COULD be a great device, but Nokia left it partly finished, they screwed up and even though I was the one who talked all my friends into buying Nokia for the past 12 yrs or more, there is no way on earth I'd ever recommend them again.
I am now looking for other phones that actually work like Nokia's USED to.

The Following User Says Thank You to lew247 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Originally Posted by lew247 View Post
I'd sell mine in a flash if I could find someone to buy it for a half decent price, its the biggest pile of cr@p I've ever owned...

...I am now looking for other phones that actually work like Nokia's USED to.
Could you spare the time to expand your feelings into reasons why N900 is not for you?

I'm not looking for a punch-up here, just trying to avoid this thread degenerating into the usual downward spiral...

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by NokTokDaddy View Post
Could you spare the time to expand your feelings into reasons why N900 is not for you?

I'm not looking for a punch-up here, just trying to avoid this thread degenerating into the usual downward spiral...
And good arguments help us know where we can improve the device for those that are not like minded when it comes to hacking.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
And good arguments help us know where we can improve the device for those that are not like minded when it comes to hacking.
There is plenty of posts that contain useful reasons why the N900 is sh*te.

I would reel off pages of reasons for you but it usually ends up in a farce as all the fanbois that own more than one and probably sleep with it, will come out to play.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
There is plenty of posts that contain useful reasons why the N900 is sh*te.

I would reel off pages of reasons for you but it usually ends up in a farce as all the fanbois that own more than one and probably sleep with it, will come out to play.
I agree with you on both points, but to just state that something is "sh*te" without reasoned argument shows a lack of intelligence, bad manners and poor understanding.

Not all N900 proponents are fanboys and this site is not a consumer forum. I think we'd all welcome reasoned and considered criticism to add to the discussion. That is the only way the community can work to improve the N900.

If posters lack the courage of their convictions, they should not post here in the first place. That applies to those on both sides of the divide.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post: