Notices

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Hi,

one thing thatreally bothers me mith my new N9 is the lack of an integrated Equalizer. Neither is there a systemwide EQ nor does the Music Player have one. I know that sigma player free includes an EQ but it does not sound good and only works within the player.

I played around with alsamixer (in terminal) and found that there is a tool called alsaequal (look here https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=53139 and here http://www.thedigitalmachine.net/alsaequal.html) but somehow did not manage to install it probably.

Has anyone looked into that tool as well? Or dies someone know any other equalizer software that works on the N9? lets start to discuss more option in this thread, ok?

i for once would want this, a bass or a tremble booster would suffice..

N9 64gb black

Originally Posted by zaoltryence View Post
i for once would want this, a bass or a tremble booster would suffice..
Absolutely agree!

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by DarkgageHD View Post
Absolutely agree!
That's my opinion too. I've already remarked that in the QuasarMX thread. No need to fancy multilevel equalizers. Just give us bass and treble hi-fi amp-styled knobs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
That's my opinion too. I've already remarked that in the QuasarMX thread. No need to fancy multilevel equalizers. Just give us bass and treble hi-fi amp-styled knobs.
yeah, with this type of enhancer plus quasarmx would be a bomb! But probably better if we have this as a universal enhancer for any music player app.

N9 64gb black

The Following User Says Thank You to zaoltryence For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
AFAIR the author is working on his own EQ for QuasarMX. I have also suggested to him the idea of the knobs. The time will tell what will come out of this.

Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
AFAIR the author is working on his own EQ for QuasarMX. I have also suggested to him the idea of the knobs. The time will tell what will come out of this.
yeah dude, lets wait and see..

N9 64gb black

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
This is desperately needed. Any updates on this? I desperately need to turn down the treble....

Still no update on this? I have been searching for a way increase the bass for almost a week now since i got my n9. My old HTC HD7 sounds so much better. SIgma player is power hungry and lagging a lot. Hope someone will be able to discover a hack on the sound. Thanks all.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
So far, I noticed that enabling "Dolby Headphone" option in settings gives a significant boost in playback quality.. but there is still a need for a bass boost option like that in N8.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke