Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
Ok, finally got it worked right this time. Autobuilder gave me more headache than building the app. (:

New callerxui v0.0.5 is available for download http://maemo.org/packages/view/callerxui/, which is a Callerx User Interface which control and manage the block lists and settings for callerx. It works independently so it doesn't affect the callerx daemon performance in anyway. Though when you install callerxui, you will install callerx as well, and those already had callerx installed, callerxui will automatically update callerx to the latest version which is compatible with it. If you don't need the user interface, you can just install callerx and manage your setting and blocklists manually just like the old version. I am too tired to write long post now, I'll update the first post of later.
Those in countries which has the prefix + sign show up, callerx will remove the + automatically, so you don't need to enter the + in front of phone number in blocklist.

enter "unknown" in the blocklist no longer work, there's a setting for that in the settings menu.

Duh, answering my own post instead of editing it. It must be a long day.

Those who doesn't use callerxui have to edit /home/user/.config/callerx/callerx.conf manually to block unknown number. ( add a line "blockunknown=true" ).

Last edited by khuong; 2011-08-26 at 00:23.

Definitely a must-have program. Even, if You don't need to block anyone right now - like me - (except lotteries : ) ), it's better to have it ready, for when the need arise.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
the programs Exist when slecting a list was removed and no longer found on the pointed Path .. would be nice if a warrnig message been placed to say " No list or list has been removed . do you want Create new one ? "

thx

Originally Posted by onasre View Post
the programs Exist when slecting a list was removed and no longer found on the pointed Path .. would be nice if a warrnig message been placed to say " No list or list has been removed . do you want Create new one ? "

thx
Can i tell me exactly what you did which caused the program to exit? Because, the program does check for the exist file in the list list when first fired up and only show the list which has file exist. Unless you delete the very last one, which you shouldn't. The program assume there's always one list active, if you want to delete that one, you need to add a new one first then make the new one as active one then delete the old one.

Can i tell me exactly what you did which caused the program to exit? Because, the program does check for the exist file in the list list when first fired up and only show the list which has file exist. Unless you delete the very last one, which you shouldn't. The program assume there's always one list active, if you want to delete that one, you need to add a new one first then make the new one as active one then delete the old one.
Yes , the blocking text file is created to memory card , then i removed it . tried callerx but the program exit when i clicked the blocklist text file. so i assumed it because i removed the blocking text file .. might be good idea to place warring message instead exiting about the file been removed or not found and point the user to create new one ..

2- inbound calls list .. Can i call the number back by just clicking the number .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onasre For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by onasre View Post
Yes , the blocking text file is created to memory card , then i removed it . tried callerx but the program exit when i clicked the blocklist text file. so i assumed it because i removed the blocking text file .. might be good idea to place warring message instead exiting about the file been removed or not found and point the user to create new one ..

2- inbound calls list .. Can i call the number back by just clicking the number .
It exited out cuz it assume the active file is always there without checking the active one, I'll implement more thorough error checking on next update!.

Good idea on ability to call back by clicking on the number in inbound calls list, it's easy to implement so it will be on the next update.

Anymore ideas are welcome, so i can implement them all at once, and move on to my next app.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Anymore ideas are welcome, so i can implement them all at once, and move on to my next app.
Thanks for this excellent app, but I'd like to recommend you to keep it simple. Not many features, just let this great app do what it is intended to: block calls!

Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
Thanks for this excellent app, but I'd like to recommend you to keep it simple. Not many features, just let this great app do what it is intended to: block calls!
i disagree .. just that simple

Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
for me yes, the callerx daemon is just enough, can't say for anyone else, people always want more until their n900 won't be able to run .

callerx daemon which run on its own in background and is very small and fast to handle screening and blocking function. The callerxui is an accessory and doesn't affect the performance of daemon, it is destroyed when closed. It's a totally different app, which happens to be able to communicate with callerx daemon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
any Updates!!