@Jef91,

Any luck on getting the keyboard working yet? Just curious

Nice... liked the pandora app on my N900 and missed it on the N9. Will have to try it out.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Huh - TMO is still not sending me notifications when people post on this. Really annoying.

The .desktop file is likely write protected due to a stray permission while packaging things up. Changing the permissions on it shouldn't cause any issues.

Will add install instructions to the first post.

I have been able to find ZERO documentation about interacting with harmattan specific things via python - does anyone know if any exists anywhere? I'd really love to get the keyboard and audio ties working.

One work around for entering text though - if you open the "elementary configuration" launcher and change the "profile" to "mobile" a long press in any text entry field will allow you to paste text into that field. So just write the text you want to enter in another application and then paste it into eAndora.

Have any other questions feel free to ask - will try to remember to check this more often - thanks for pinging me via PM.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
I found out pandora is awesome, desperately trying to get it on my N9 so I can use some of the tons of data I have on my plan. Getting a broken pipe error on install of eandora app, and idea why?
Code:
RM696-21-3:/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/N9# dpkg -i eandora-n9.deb
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'system-ui-extensions::/opt/system-ui-extensions/bin/reqReboot'
file /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/digsigsums cannot be opened
No digsigsums file
(Reading database ... 76794 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking eandora-n9 (from eandora-n9.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing eandora-n9.deb (--install):
 error setting permissions of `./opt/eAndora': Operation not permitted
dpkg-deb (subprocess): data: internal gzip write error: Broken pipe
dpkg-deb (subprocess): failed in write on buffer copy for failed to write to pipe in copy: Broken pipe
dpkg-deb: subprocess <decompress> returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
 eandora-n9.deb
aegis-NOT-installing eandora-n9 (from '')
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'system-ui-extensions::/opt/system-ui-extensions/bin/reqReboot'
RM696-21-3:/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/N9#

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by DJJonosound View Post
I found out pandora is awesome, desperately trying to get it on my N9 so I can use some of the tons of data I have on my plan. Getting a broken pipe error on install of eandora app, and idea why?
Did you install the rest of the debs in the tarbal? Also, as I posted earlier, the order they are installed makes a difference.

Followed the instructions on the first post? Any idea which order I should use?

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by DJJonosound View Post
Followed the instructions on the first post? Any idea which order I should use?
I wish I remembered. I mostly just started at the bottom and worked my way up. When one didn't work, i would move on to the next, then back again. I ended with the eandora.deb.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Installing lua package makes my device restart, any idea why?

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
I've created a Qt based player that works much better on the N9 -> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...99#post1443099

Tags
application, elementary, pandora, python