Posts: 57 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Belgium
Hi,

Does anybody knows how the screen will be protected since the nice slider is gone ?

Does somebody has a picture about this ?

Cheers, Jan

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
There is a soft case included, which is not very protective against hard surfaces. Other options must be used, such as 3rd party cases. I purchased one from CompUSA for $6 USD (PDA case) which is a little short but works.

I must admit.. after screen protecting my 770 for a year the screen still looks new. Seeing as I bet an n900 will be out 1.5 years from now give or take I am actually forgoing actual screen protection on my n800. Although I will keep my 2 year compusa warranty handy.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by janjansenbe View Post
Does anybody knows how the screen will be protected since the nice slider is gone ?
I guess they just expect you to take extra care. Don't take it outside, don't put it in a pocket, always keep it in a drawer...

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I guess they just expect you to take extra care. Don't take it outside, don't put it in a pocket, always keep it in a drawer...

I think we've reached the weekly hyperbole and sarcasm quota already.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
There is a soft case included, which is not very protective against hard surfaces. Other options must be used, such as 3rd party cases. I purchased one from CompUSA for $6 USD (PDA case) which is a little short but works.
Texrat, got a linky on that PDA case that you purchased? I'm interested in seeing it.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post

I think we've reached the weekly hyperbole and sarcasm quota already.
You're right - I promise this was the last one
(Today.)

I need a new travel charger for my Nokia phone and will buy one tomorrow. To make up for my behavior here, I'll get the Nokia branded one this time

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The lack of protection is a big detractor for me. One thing about the 770, I could always smugly tell Palm owners that it came with a case; not that I had to shell out another $50 for a metal one.

If I wanted to surf from my couch I'd use a laptop. I want a portable interenet tablet to be yanked from my pocket at a moment's notice... not from some gawdy foam case reminiscent of those 'number 1' hands you see at football games.

The $6 semi-hard case was on compusa.com; don't have the exact link offhand. Browse to the one closes to the N800's size.

No need to spend $50, Hedgie... this case works great. I especially like the strap.

Yeah I'm kinda wanting to know what cases fit the N800 (w/ links if possible)