I was trying to use OSM Scout with GPS recently, and location icon in the top bar just keeps blinking and nothing can use the location ("where am I?" is grayed out). How can this be fixed and is it a known issue?

UPDATE:

It worked in the end. I just let it run and I guess it was collecting some info or rebuilding location database, but now it's functional.

Last edited by shmerl; 2018-11-27 at 21:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Also, does anyone know how to disable super bright white Sony logo on startup?

Last edited by shmerl; 2018-11-27 at 21:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Seems i'am the only one that cant flash. I'm still with Android

Trying to re-download Jolla page is telling no access from my country (Germany????)
Hopefully they are working an Page und tomorrow i can access

Last edited by chilango; 2018-12-04 at 18:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Also, does anyone know how to disable super bright white Sony logo on startup?
Nope

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@mosen, how often do you damn reboot?

I do only on a system update and sometimes after navigating with Pure Maps, if I am in a hurry and cannot faff with Fingerterm.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
@mosen, how often do you damn reboot?
Sometimes not for weeks but somedays it kind of hates me and locks into some backlit blankscreen state only recoverable by vol up + Power reboot multiple times in a row. I do not know how to nail the problem. It is most propably because i misconfigured "something" (mce?) and i do not blame Jolla until i tried a factory reset.
Also my unnecessarily bloated dalvik install could be the root of the problem and i would only set up a minimum on a fresh device now that i know my usecase better.
Got no time for that unfortunately so i am waiting what the XA2 port will bring and move there. Or if XA2 disappoints reflash/reset xperia x.
I would already have tried reflash if the problem was bugging me more serious though

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I was travelling a lot recently and instead of using just the flight mode, I was turning the phone off to save battery. I have rebooted very often in just two weeks, I can confirm I was exactly like Mosen's picture at every reboot during during evenings!

Speaking of Sailfish X, has anyone managed to run Stellarium (the native Sailfish version)? It crashes for me, and I remember someone else mentioning it here in one thread before I purchased an Xperia phone.

Similarly, anyone managed to install the N26 application? The new versions are not compatible with Android 4.4.4 anymore, but I kept an older version that still installs properly on the Jolla and Jolla C, while on Sailfish X the installation fails all the time without much verbose. I'm not sure what can be the cause since those phones are supposed to have the same Alien Dalvik, and I have the Play Store and Google Services (ew) installed on all.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2018-12-05 at 09:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
As for my usecases; on previous versions of SFOS it happened to me about once a week that I lost GPS lock completely, and just about nothing except reboot fixed that. No help recycling connectivity, restarting lipstick or killing positioning related daemons could fix it.

Since updating to 3.0.0.8 the bug has not manifested again, GPS snaps to lock almost immediately and there are no known hickups requiring reboot.
Currently uptime is 19 days and counting. It looks like I'm going to go to the next version update before I need to boot my device

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
I end up rebooting SailfishX on the Xperiax once a week or so when the browser gets messed up enough that it won't work at all, or worse: renders the phone unresponsive with a steady green or red LED. Like mosen it sometimes requires the red-button (power and volume-up) reset.

As far as Stellarium, version 0.3-1 from openrepos works fine on X for me (the documented landscape issue notwithstanding).

ed. Forgot to mention the rare occasional spontaneous reboots that seem to only occur in the middle of the night when that damn Sony white screen is bright enough to wake me up.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
I end up rebooting SailfishX on the Xperiax once a week or so when the browser gets messed up enough that it won't work at all, or worse: renders the phone unresponsive with a steady green or red LED.
I have a messed up browser on J1 and have to do "killall sailfish-browser" all the blooming time. Like pretty much after every use that lasts more than a few minutes. But never to the point of steady LEDs. It must be a SailX thing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: