Active Topics

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Australia
Well I'm having some difficulty reflashing!

For some time now (two weeks?) when I put a newly charged battery in my N900 it immediately vibrates and tries to boot (ie. before pressing the start button)! Then it won't boot but instead cycles through a bootup process never quite booting! If I randomly press the start button eventually it boots, otherwise it will not!!

This is a bit frustrating as you might imagine. In fact I am presently using my old N95 as a consequence of this!

So time to reflash! Trouble being...the phone tries to start as soon as the battery is inserted and then is never in the proper "off" state!!!

What to do?

Have you tried NSU (Nokia Software Updater) ? It's one of the few things that works with PC sute on the N900. It's worth a shot.

The Following User Says Thank You to dynomot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
u could put it in r&d mode and flash it.

take off the battery, connect to charger and FLASH

The Following User Says Thank You to sepehrsfmech For This Useful Post:
Take the battery out it will solve your problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to chiefb For This Useful Post:
Try taking out the battery, hold down the U key, plug in the USB to the PC and then put the battery in while keeping the U key pressed

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Australia
Thanks folks, well I booted into Windows on my Mac and finally managed to reload the present 1.2 OS via NSU. Unfortunately the boot problem remains! ie, "when I put a newly charged battery in my N900 it immediately vibrates and tries to boot (ie. before pressing the start button)! Then it won't boot but instead cycles through a bootup process never quite booting!"

Further to the boot problem, recently I have noted extremely short battery life, I'm talking only an hour or so and sometimes even less (I rotate batteries with one always on charge). Perhaps this is due to the repeating bootup cycle required to startup the N900?

I am yet to try the R&D mode flash suggested by sepehrsfmech above. I'm not so familiar with the terminal so I want to be sure how this is done before I try.

Any other ideas? Thanks.