Notices

Poll: What are you missing in horizontal-call?
Poll Options
What are you missing in horizontal-call?

Very nice but i don t see all my contacts :-(

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chennai, India
Originally Posted by nrajesh View Post
+1 on this bug. Even I got it. Commonality with contacts was their starting characters were same.
Hate to disappoint but there were some more bugs. Even the 1st contact's number (without me typing anything) seems incorrect!

More info:
1st contact: Only Face Book URL & B'day
2nd contact: number is not the usual 10 digits, but the operators helpline (3 numbers only)
3rd contact: Is shown but with 2nd contact's number!

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Bug: phone number & name does not match. I tried to call my co-worker but it showd my dad's number instead and when I tapped the number it actually tried to call my dad. Common thing with my dad & co-worker is that their both name starts with same letter in contact list.
Originally Posted by nrajesh View Post
+1 on this bug. Even I got it. Commonality with contacts was their starting characters were same.
Originally Posted by andrew_85 View Post
fcrochik had the same kind of problems with his app:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=MyContacts

Meaby there is a connection?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Thanks for the feedback guys,

- QtMobility Contacts API is very undocumented, and I have not yet understood how to do what I want exactly.
- As for the dependency problem, i'll look into it, though I rememeber explicitly specifying libqtm-contacts when I built the package.
- As for none matching numbers per contacts, I'll solve it today I hope (:

Cheers!!!!
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

The Following User Says Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by andrew_85 View Post
The contacts must be :
- English or digits
- Phone numbers and not online accounts.

Do they comply with those conditions? (see the 1st post for limitations)

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Cool! Now if it only supported filtering/searching also by other contact details like company name, address, phone number..

Has been one of the (many) major usability steps backwards from the Nokia Communicator 9xx0s, the ultimate communicating devices, not to be able to find contacts by their company etc. E90 couldn't either but allowed me adding numbers for ten people in a contact "Bank X", haven't found a way to do even that in N900 yet.

Last edited by x-rated; 2010-06-18 at 13:59.

Anyone knows why this line, already in the control file,

Code:
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, libqt4-gui, libqt4-dbus, libqtm-contacts
Doesn't really make the libqtm-contacts get installed with the application?

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by eitama View Post
Also, I tried using the normal Maemo5 themed buttons, but it has problem when stretched beyond 80 i think, I thad to resort to setStyle.
If you know how to use a scalable maemo5 theme styled QPushButton, I'll be happy to know how (:
Sorry to dissapoint you, but I have no clue what kind of code you should use in QT to use the same buttons that are used for example in calculator application for numbers.

I saw another applicatino on extras-testing which used those buttons successfully, cannot remember the name but that app added four application shortcuts to the menu that pops out when you tap status bar. Hopefully someone with knowledge will help you out with this since those blue buttons are pretty horrible in my opinion

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Sorry to dissapoint you, but I have no clue what kind of code you should use in QT to use the same buttons that are used for example in calculator application for numbers.

I saw another applicatino on extras-testing which used those buttons successfully, cannot remember the name but that app added four application shortcuts to the menu that pops out when you tap status bar. Hopefully someone with knowledge will help you out with this since those blue buttons are pretty horrible in my opinion
When you say calculator, i will assume you mean the standard one that comes with the phone? those buttons can be easily acheived with qt styles. i just like the blue more but as said before ill make the an external file for e+y customization.

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
this app is exactly what i need ... at the moment i have my phone in my phone holder in my car closed .... when i want to call someone i have to scroll through whole list and this app would make life so much easier.

how do i install?
its not in repos.
when i click the link on my n900 it says cant install?

help