Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Sudisk View Post
Versions are changing too fast. It was still 2.7 when I downloaded it.

Mount works the first time, but when unmounting, the directory is not or could not be removed from /media.
If there's any filehandle open to the drive, then you can't umount. Compare this to behaviour of your desktop PC, when you try "safely remove"

Originally Posted by Sudisk View Post
So when the key is mounted once more, the script fails on directory creation.

My understanding is that two possibilities are to be considered:
- The name resolves to empty directory not matching any active mount point. It can be used to mount the device.
- The name is already used in a mount point. Either signal the issue or create a new moint point using a suffix.
If directory still holds a mount from last try, then it can't be reused for a new mount, nor can it get deleted or a new directory created with same name.

Honestly, Mohammad and Paul and me elaborated this mount button is a temporary convenience thing that will vanish on final version anyway. So what's the use in further debugging this? Please just use it or leave it, and use manual mount in an xterm instead.

Thanks
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
JOERG_RW hello ,

i repeat ,

i have pr 1.3 and kernel power flasher 45 and hen 0.2-8

with hen i can see a pendrive and mount/unmount ok without xterminal only with hen app i can see a pendrive with file manager

but i have mouse hid scripts installed and i tried and tried and mouse only get energy but not move , not run

and keyboard nothing

?? why? i saw youtube videos with mouse running and keyboard

i dont know but if i have all , ???

and i put chmod 777 /opt/h-e-n/mount.sh and ok

pendrive ok , mouse , keyboard and others nothing?

i tried all configurations hi-speed , full and low , more times ....

i saw in youtube videos that this persons have xterminal open , why??? if the hen run pendrive , keyboard or mouse(hid scripts)

why xterminal minimized??

i think , There is another thing to do for xterminal and this thing is not telling to users

it is good but aarghˇˇˇˇˇ

Last edited by samipower; 2010-11-13 at 00:12.

please plug in your peripherals prior to starting h-e-n GUI.
check dmesg output, for both flash and keyboard/mouse, and compare.
There should be some lines along "new USB xxxx device detected:...."

Report back on your findings
/j

aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Just a side note: It seems FTDI drivers are missing from the kernel. Sounds ok until you want to program the Arduino with your N900

The Following User Says Thank You to giannoug For This Useful Post:
Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
giannoug please explain how you got make it , what steps you have installed or written or commands to get you to work a keyboard, a mouse, a controller or the device that you've wanted it to work??

i

joerg_rw dmsg outpout in xterminal i think , i tried , and a very long list buff only usb hub found 1 port detected adding 786424k swap on /dev/mmcblk0p3

this showed without nothing conected

Last edited by samipower; 2010-11-13 at 01:29.

i cannot switch off my n900.. as soon as i do this, it automaticaly re starts.... plz help me..

if vboost 5V supply isn't switched off during shutdown (and odds are it will continue for at least 32s after killing h-e-n GUI, possibly longer due to buffer capacitors), then twl4030 power management unit will wake up device as soon as it's completely powered down, as this is detected as attached charger/host and this - as we all know - starts up the device.
If you either properly closed h-e-n GUI some time prior to shutdown, or never even started it (I.E. try to shut down a second time), then there's no reason for device to not power off.

And next someone using "plz" or "u" or "hlp" or similar '7331' wording can be sure to get on my permanent ignore list. Why do you think would I bother to take the time to answer if you can't even take the time to properly spell out words? Or take the time to trim quotes to the needed minimum instead of quoting a 50 lines post to answer "me too! :-(", on that behalf.
This thread likely gets followed by a few thousand readers. Please take pride in spending a few minutes for making it a pleasant experience to read your post, and saving each one of them some seconds on reading it.

There's a nice document I really recommend reading to all newcomers (and some old farts as well):
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

/j

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2010-11-13 at 03:01.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
if vboost 5V supply isn't switched off during shutdown (and odds are it will continue for at least 32s after killing h-e-n GUI, possibly longer due to buffer capacitors), then twl4030 power management unit will wake up device as soon as it's completely powered down, as this is detected as attached charger/host and this - as we all know - starts up the device.
If you either properly closed h-e-n GUI some time prior to shutdown, or never even started it (I.E. try to shut down a second time), then there's no reason for device to not power off.

And next someone using "plz" or "u" or "hlp" or similar '7331' wording can be sure to get on my permanent ignore list. Why do you think would I bother to take the time to answer if you can't even take the time to properly spell out words?

/j
hey thank u.. and sorry for the the words "plz" "u"... i wont use thos words again...
but what i can do to ignore this problem... should i uninstall it comletely wit all its depending pakages..

which part of
was too complicated?

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...html#writewell
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ns.html#lesser

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
Hello. I am trying to mount mydrive and it looks that is is working because the flashdrive stays on. But It is not showing in any filemaneger. How can I solve this. I have powerkernel 45 and hen 0.2-8

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host