Posts: 18 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ New Delhi
Hey. I have this Nokia N900 lying around, and I kinda want to fix it. The stuff that doesn't work is the camera (doesn't even start), touch screen (stopped responding to anything, heavy scratches) and the USB port (really loose, it's almost impossible to charge it), accelerometer (doesn't work at all).

Is it possible to replace/fix the above? If so, what will be the cost? And finally, where can I find these parts that'll be shipped to India?

Thanks.

Last edited by NSDCars5; 2014-06-13 at 07:25.

Nothing more?

Anyway, if you want repair it by yourself, first requirement is good soldering capabilities to fix the usb port.
Then, digitizer:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Touch-Sc...item43b39107e7

Camera problem could be just a sofware issue, if not:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camera-flex-...item20e70b6912

If you want to ask someone to fix it.... probably i suppose the cost would be bigger than the N900 "commercial" value.

Last edited by xes; 2014-06-13 at 08:27. Reason: Fixed link

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
I remember the camera problem surviving reflashes, so... I think it's hardware.

And I want to fix it myself - otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. :P

Accelerometer?

Thanks, BTW.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
The cameramodule is the same as the one used in the N97. Maybe you could replace it with if it isn't a software issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to vincr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Replace camera and dizitizer and reinforce the usb with little solder or follow the great usb fixing thread .camera will cost around 700rs and touch plate around 1200 you may get lower or high prizes though but quality can suffer.

Last edited by nokiabot; 2014-06-13 at 10:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Replace camera and dizitizer and reinforce the usb with little solder or follow the great usb fixing thread .camera will cost around 700rs and touch plate around 1200 you may get lower or high prizes though but quality can suffer.
Awesomesauce - so I can expect a total of around Rs 2000, right?

Also, nobody is saying anything about the accelerometer - is that replacable?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
i dont know about accelerometer @flashing in the night sure you can fry a omlette it depends upon the load generally its warm but gets hot under overclocked heavy load and in overclocking diffrent devices behave diffrently one of my device didnt get much warm also 50 degree summertime plays a great roleanyway i didnt overclocked much then as its not needed to overclock constantly

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, nokia n900, usb port