Active Topics

the easiest thing I can do is, just zip the files and post. since not many n900 users are there, I guess making it a deb/ and uploading to repository may not be worth it.

Actually only once you install the libfaad files; then u only need to update one file whenever the pianobar is updated.

I suggest you download those zip files and get it working. If any issues post them. the best I can do is post the pianobar executable everytime a new version is released.

Last edited by getnani; 2012-11-16 at 13:29.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Texas
Thanks and Im going to give it a try. Only if someone had some interest in getting pandora back on the N900. Thanks again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DfLo1913 For This Useful Post:
What gets to me is that there is someone working on the Siri Clone but we dont even have Pandora. Come on now.

The Following User Says Thank You to DfLo1913 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by DfLo1913 View Post
What gets to me is that there is someone working on the Siri Clone but we dont even have Pandora. Come on now.
To be fair, Pandora is a US-centric site. The Nokia N900 has a very limited US footprint. Naturally, one cannot expect to get people excited in something that isn't available to the majority of the user base (at least without utilizing a proxy)

Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
To be fair, Pandora is a US-centric site. The Nokia N900 has a very limited US footprint. Naturally, one cannot expect to get people excited in something that isn't available to the majority of the user base (at least without utilizing a proxy)
I guess It might be time to get another device with US Support then. It would be nice to be able to watch Netflix and listen to Pandora on my phone. Why would I care for a Siri clone? Why not just get an Iphone then?

Last edited by DfLo1913; 2012-11-16 at 21:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to DfLo1913 For This Useful Post:
No interest by anyone?

Does anyone know how to get around this issue:
silent mode mutes music played by pianobar...

Some guys talks about setting a symlink to FMRadio to solve it (look below):
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6694

However I don't seem to be able to get it done. Does anyone have any experience with this? if so how? @fatalsaint !!! please help man!

@fatalsaint, i remember you telling that it can be used with Pypianboar to get it working. If so would I be able to get over this issue. I am pretty sure I had no issues with PyRadio. How did u fix it?!

Anybody interested in helping get Pandora back on the N900 for everyone? Thanks

Any luck Getnani?