Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Yep me too. I will try to delete my account settings and recreate
tried that too but it didn't seem to help. Still having problems with mails that i delete on the phone that also disappear on the server even though i've ticked the option don't delete on server.

Mails are also coming in late. I've sent some mails to myself. On my MSN Messenger and in Mailbox ( on the pc ) it clearly states i have new mail but when i refresh manually on the phone, the phone says no new mail. After 10-15 minutes when i refresh manually again they show up ....

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i deleted the email widget and manual refresh is now working will test see if auto retrieval works too

so now n900 has no email functions no more?

I dont think you should manually add each email separately, but instead setup Nokia Messaging. It will help push up 10 of your email accounts, including hotmail, plus it gets you a few benefits, here is how to do it: http://thenokiaguide.com/2010/05/04/...rly-set-it-up/

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by blue13x View Post
I dont think you should manually add each email separately, but instead setup Nokia Messaging. It will help push up 10 of your email accounts, including hotmail, plus it gets you a few benefits, here is how to do it: http://thenokiaguide.com/2010/05/04/...rly-set-it-up/
Sorry thats not really an option, you can only receive emails from max. the last month. older messages will be not shown. And by the way nokia messaging is only free because its in a test period, after that you have to pay for that..

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto
the exact same problem is happening to me
I have a question however...
firstly: I can online sync emails over cell data it doesn't work over wifi

has anyone tired this over both?
or should I reflash

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto
additionally: assuming nokia does nothing (very likely)
will Microsoft's addition of exchange Hotmail help this (when it comes out)?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
good news for all hotmail users: next month all hotmail accounts get upgraded to full excange active sync support. the problem should be solved then.
*edit* houtonkv was faster with exchange news

Last edited by crazler; 2010-05-28 at 11:54.

I am also having this problem across all my email accounts since the pr1.2 upgrade. I haven't tested any IMAP accounts yet but definitely hotmail and my pop3 account are not receiving emails.

I also have the same problems as crazler.
I've flashed my n900 3 times for this reason.

1st time the Fiasco image only (with restoring the settings).It didn't work.
2nd time the Fiasco image and the new Vanilla EMMC (with restoring the settings). That didn't work either.
3the time the Fiasco image only (without restoring the settings). This doesn't work either so don't be bothered spending all your precious time on this.

I've had to go to Nokia Messaging to get my Hotmail automatically syncing again but this unfortunately doesn't cooperate with the new nice looking PR1.2 email widget.

If anyone has this working I'll be glad to read the 'how to' instructions.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gijs For This Useful Post: