Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
@gidzzz---wherei need to put my already downloaded lyrics tomake them vieved by..OMP.....coz my bollywood movie lyrics are not available in thissites so i need to manually get it frm my source andput it..so plz help...where to put the lyrics..andin which format it should be....like .lrc or .txt???????????

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
@gidzzz, I have a bug, with the Internet radio, every time I add a radio station to favorites, this is multiplied by 100 (created 100 copies of the same internet radio, especially when the link is incorrect). The same bug with video bookmarks. Now I have 100 repetead videos bookmarks (same video link) and 100 repetead internet radio.

Please fix the problem.

Regards.

PD: A petition, Please you can add a catalog of shoutcast.com to OMP, if possible would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by D@vIcHoJD; 2012-08-05 at 19:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D@vIcHoJD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Is there any other way to get debug information to help?
Currently no (other than finding a reliable way to reproduce the grey text), but maybe I'll add some more debug messages around places where window disabling is performed.

Originally Posted by nisheet View Post
@gidzzz---wherei need to put my already downloaded lyrics tomake them vieved by..OMP.....coz my bollywood movie lyrics are not available in thissites so i need to manually get it frm my source andput it..so plz help...where to put the lyrics..andin which format it should be....like .lrc or .txt???????????
There are 3 ways to put lyrics in the cache:
1. If you had them before the update, go to the settings, select "Lyrics providers" and enable "OMP pre-20120803 offline cache".
2. Play the song, long-press the lyrics pane and select "Edit". Then you can paste lyrics into the window and click "Save".
3. Directly place the lyrics in "/home/user/.cache/openmediaplayer/lyrics/Artist's Name/Title of the Song.txt".

Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
PD: A petition, Please you can add a catalog of shoutcast.com to OMP, if possible would greatly appreciate it.
Isn't it possible and easy to browse it with a web browser? Plugins are the best place for specialized features, but currently only lyrics are pluggable, so: not in the foreseeable future.

Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
@gidzzz, I have a bug, with the Internet radio, every time I add a radio station to favorites, this is multiplied by 100 (created 100 copies of the same internet radio, especially when the link is incorrect). The same bug with video bookmarks. Now I have 100 repetead videos bookmarks (same video link) and 100 repetead internet radio.
LOL. Forgive me that I'm laughing, but I can't believe such stupid thing has slipped in. I always read all commits before submitting them still I missed it. I needed a few hundred stations to test scalability of the radio browser and that was to help me get that many.

If you don't mind losing all bookmarks, the fastest way to clean this up (= restore the default set of bookmarks) is:
Code:
rm /home/user/.mafw.db
killall mafw-dbus-wrapper
I'll prepare an update ASAP. Hopefully it will reach the repositories within 30-60 minutes and I can already show the changelog:
  • Improved the playback state indicator for some CPU and memory savings.
  • Fixed multiple bookmarks being created when adding one.
  • Updated Italian and Finnish translations.

Last edited by gidzzz; 2012-08-05 at 20:43. Reason: one more translation was able to make it in the last 10 minutes ;)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Does OMP really need to be at Devel?

I mean... it's gotten pretty solid (if not the PERFECT replacement for stock media player)

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
Does OMP really need to be at Devel?
I am sure this has been covered before multiple times.
Although I'd love to see OMP in extras I agree with the current plan.

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
There are still some flaws and missing details, and OMP can be easily installed and live peacefully next to the stock player, so I don't want to rush anything. It also might be a good idea to upload it to extras-testing for more extensive testing and feedback before forcing a faulty or inferior replacement on every CSSU user.
FYI added the lyric offline cache information to the wiki.

One question I'd like to ask, is OMP set up for keyboard shortcuts?
I find on most parts Enter, Backspace and Space work. Other times selecting the correct option is just guess work (Mainscreen for example).

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Last edited by sixwheeledbeast; 2012-08-05 at 21:30. Reason: fix quote box

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
One question I'd like to ask, is OMP set up for keyboard shortcuts?
I find on most parts Enter, Backspace and Space work. Other times selecting the correct option is just guess work (Mainscreen for example).
IIRC, those are currently the only shortcuts, but adding more is in the plans (at least making space work as play-pause everywhere, popping up a context menu, adding songs to now playing, moving songs in a playlist). After your post I think I'll also make the main menu items selectable (with Q, W, E, R for example).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
After your post I think I'll also make the main menu items selectable (with Q, W, E, R for example).
Exactly what I was about to suggest. QWER.

Also note menus (Playlist/Artists/Songs etc..) backspace doesn't go back to the mainscreen.

What is the best thing to do with the Left and Right keys?
Skip tracks or cursor move?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
this has got to be one of the best maintained and developed app around here. Excellent work gidzzz and thanks.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ahmadamaj For This Useful Post:
great application, thank you so much for a great replacement of stock media player

I have an idea for it:

What about adding an option to use volume rocker to change tracks (next/previous) while n900 is locked. It's a really great option SomePlayer has which makes it easy to change tracks in your pocket while listening through headphones

Got some question too

1) Is there a possibility to download all lyrics for my songs automatically at once (not one by one) and then keep it locally on n900?

2) I know OMP is capable of playing flac media format, however, I have only one song in .flac format and it doesn't show in omp while browsing it, however, it reads it no problem from File Manager. What can be a problem here?

3) Equalizer? Is there any chances this option will be available?

Keep it up! I enjoy it recent updates

Last edited by the_envy; 2012-08-06 at 06:28.

Originally Posted by the_envy View Post
What about adding an option to use volume rocker to change tracks (next/previous) while n900 is locked. It's a really great option SomePlayer has which makes it easy to change tracks in your pocket while listening through headphones

Got some question too

1) Is there a possibility to download all lyrics for my songs automatically at once (not one by one) and then keep it locally on n900?

2) I know OMP is capable of playing flac media format, however, I have only one song in .flac format and it doesn't show in omp while browsing it, however, it reads it no problem from File Manager. What can be a problem here?

3) Equalizer? Is there any chances this option will be available?
Rocker Skip)
I am sure this has been asked before, personally I am not to keen as I prefer the volume key to control the volume.
If you search the forum I am certain there has been a post with instructions how to do this.

1)
I imagine if you have loads of music like me this would be a bad idea. One option that I feel would be handy is a button to delete the lyrics cache.

2)
The playing of the media is actually done with MAFW.
Tracker issue?

3)
This has been asked loads of times. The answer will be no.
It is for one out of scope of this application.

----

Since the last update the automatic pause and unpause with headset seems to have disappeared. Am I the only one experiencing this??

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse