What is PR 1.2 ??

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
next firmware update for N9...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
This thread needs to die, we already have a thread for this, & it contains way more Qns/Ans:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81865&page=28
Makes no sense duplicating the discussion between three or more threads, as is currently happening.
I will arrange for a merger or lock....

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Priceddrop of N9 in sweden. N9 is dead in sweden very soon. If I had some money I would buy some more as backup...

My guess is PR1.2 is not out before N9 is dead.

I have no hopes left for N9. Even if its a good phone.

The "Maego" era is pretty soon over

Actually I dont see any hope on Qt the next billion is also not comming it seems.

Howevere Qt is still alive and kicking as opensource project but I doubt we will see any GOOD new HW based on it.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-02-21 at 17:53.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
There's been some big drops here, but I still see many outlets reaching for more stock.
It was always a bit pricey anyway & needed to drop,* so I'm not sure it's all over yet.

Probably in the teclo & telco reseller sectors in most launch countries...
But in the various retail channels it'll live for at least as long as the N900.
Of course, longer-term that means it won't sell anywhere near as well as the Lumia's.
But I still think it will sell much better than the N900 (N900 wasn't given the same opportunities).

Plus I was assured personally by someone very close to the Meltemi project.
That it's very much alive and well, & on the the same scale as Harmattan, if not more.
Of course actions/products speak louder than words, & so far we've seen little of that.
So I can understand the doubt....

But this is all off-topic, & this thread needs to die anyway.

*although still cheaper than the iPhone4.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-24 at 23:20.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Priceddrop of N9 in sweden. N9 is dead in sweden very soon. If I had some money I would buy some more as backup...

My guess is PR1.2 is not out before N9 is dead.

I have no hopes left for N9. Even if its a good phone.

The "Maego" era is pretty soon over

Actually I dont see any hope on Qt the next billion is also not comming it seems.

Howevere Qt is still alive and kicking as opensource project but I doubt we will see any GOOD new HW based on it.
it seems like you know nothing about open source software. Your on a Meamo.org website and it's all about these "dead" devices running open source software. By your saying Linux should be dead too xD

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I agree with the Meltemi information. It's alive. I've heard about some technical decisions made (but I won't talk about them, of course, as Nokia wouldn't like that).

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
it seems like you know nothing about open source software. Your on a Meamo.org website and it's all about these "dead" devices running open source software. By your saying Linux should be dead too xD
And whom is sponsoring this site again!?

If you think OSS is runing without any companys then youre really naive.

The companys is needed. And my point stays MaeGo/Meltemi seems to be doomed. Nokia have to show the next billion and QT ASAP!!! Or else no devs will continue support it.

OSS is good. But we need proffesional apps to..

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-02-21 at 19:15.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
And whom is sponsoring this site again!?

If you think OSS is runing without any companys then youre really naive.

The companys is needed. And my point stays MaeGo/Meltemi seems to be doomed. Nokia have to show the next billion and QT ASAP!!! Or else no devs will continue support it.

OSS is good. But we need proffesional apps to..
I do know what you mean, but most of people knew what their buying. They knew what N9 can and can't do. I rely more on the use based content that on OVI store. If I need something that I can't find I just code it myself.

N9 and meego are dead but the amazing people in this forum and all around the world are the true heart of it that will never stop beating <3

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
There's nothing like a dead device to keep a thread alive!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:

Tags
epic pr1.2, not today, not tomorrow