Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
can you post one of your records (the data file, not an image).
Either you have a very weird mattress or something else is wrong

did you study the help file? It should give all the needed info for a correct setup.
Forgive me but how would I post the data file?
The problem seems to be that my graph is very flat with no peaks or troughs showing that I am always in a deep sleep or a light sleep (depending on the settings) and nothing else.
It could be my mattress but the previous version seemed accurate.

Last edited by pthomas22; 2011-03-26 at 22:30.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Hi caco3, Ijust want to mention that SleepAnalyser is not completely DST-safe. I set up an alarm at 9 am and after starting alarm showed to be at 10 am. So one has to calculate DST on his own when setting alarm but in running window it's then displayed correctly. Everything else works perfectly! Even duration is shown correctly!

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by pthomas22 View Post
Forgive me but how would I post the data file?
The problem seems to be that my graph is very flat with no peaks or troughs showing that I am always in a deep sleep or a light sleep (depending on the settings) and nothing else.
It could be my mattress but the previous version seemed accurate.
The record files are stored in the folder SleepAnalyser in your MyDocs folder. When you connect your phone to a PC (USB), you can access them.
Alternatively you could browse to this forum page directly on the phone and add the file to to a post.

@X-lette:
Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
Hi caco3, Ijust want to mention that SleepAnalyser is not completely DST-safe. I set up an alarm at 9 am and after starting alarm showed to be at 10 am. So one has to calculate DST on his own when setting alarm but in running window it's then displayed correctly. Everything else works perfectly! Even duration is shown correctly!
I will have a look on that.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Nifty app

Some ideas.
- move next/prev buttons to top right/left corners, there is just wasted pixels there

- Those percents (not just graph) from record info could be added to main view and it doesn´t clutter it too much. IMO. Also if rev/prev buttons are moved then there could be even more some number data on right down corner.

one solution to get user definable quick start would be a command line support for arguments:
examples:
run-standalone.sh sleepanalyzer.py 2h10m
run-standalone.sh sleepanalyzer.py 08:30
run-standalone.sh sleepanalyzer.py recordonly
run-standalone.sh sleepanalyzer.py --preset "morning"

Then one could make shortcuts to the desktop for those which one often use.
Current preset system does not enable to quickly set like "start recording now and wake up after 2 hours"

Last edited by zimon; 2011-04-05 at 10:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
Originally Posted by danielpublic View Post
When can I show my appreciation by giving a piece of my "cake" through Flattr to you & sleepanalyser ?
+1. great work!

Hi all

The newes version has some minor bug fixes and an updated documentations.

AND, not to forget, command line options:
Code:
sleepanalyser [options]
OPTIONS:
  --help:                       Shows this list
  --debug:                      Shows debug information
  --language COUNTRYCODE:       Use specific language file...
  --record-only:                Start recording with disabled alarm
  --recording [time]:           Starts recording with active alarm
                                time can be set to a time (i.e. 08:30m)
                                or a relative time (i.e. 2h30m)
                                If time is empty, last set alarm time
                                will be used
  --profile ID:                 Load set profile (ID has to be 1..4)
                                This option can be followed by
                                --record-only and --recording
  --help:                       Shows this list

happy testing
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Last edited by caco3; 2011-04-14 at 14:22.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
I'm a long time user and big fan of this app

Now i wanted to program something to make a dimmable flashlight using pwm, but i'm totally new to programming on maemo so i didn't succeed so far

BUT, thinking about the dimmable flashlight, I was thinking: wouldn't it be great to turn our beloved phone in a wake up light? I think it would be a really nice addition to the already great sleep analyzer app!

(more info on the Philips wake up light http://www.wakeup.philips.com/#/gb_en/the-wakeuplight)

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Question, is there a good reason for making this latest version of SleepAnalyser (the devel one) include a dependency on mplayer (and libxinerama1)?

I get that SleepAnalyser CAN use mplayer for certain things, but I for example don't use mplayer or the mplayer's features at all, and I don't really want an extra media player backend installed just to have SleepAnalyzer.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Question, is there a good reason for making this latest version of SleepAnalyser (the devel one) include a dependency on mplayer (and libxinerama1)?

I get that SleepAnalyser CAN use mplayer for certain things, but I for example don't use mplayer or the mplayer's features at all, and I don't really want an extra media player backend installed just to have SleepAnalyzer.
It uses now mplayer to play the lucid dream and wake up music. I switched to it because I did not want to open the maemo mediaplayer to play the music.
If you find a way to play a song with the built in mediaplay WITHOUT having to open an extra window, please let me know
You can go and ask Nokia to add cli support for medaplayer

I also tried to use gstreamer which would be the even better solution. How ever after many wasted and frustrating hours I switched back to mplayer. (gstreamer made SleepAnalyser crash and eat all CPU. It might be due the (not correct) way of using it, but I was not able to fix it).
and more...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post: