Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
As the S3 I ordered might not be a good choice and maybe needs soldering anyways I was looking for a supplier of those coils with electronics attached already (plug'n'play)
I ran into this http://katalog.we-online.de/en/pbs/W...5#vs_t1:2_ct:1 pretty neat as the electronics are fitted in the center of the coil, the outputrating is a bit high but all chargers I know do not supply more than 1.5A (dry) which is 1.05A or 1050mA at the coil.

can be ordered at rs-online.com / farnell (be aware that the older rather thick coils are also available but might not fit a phone I hit the search with the first digits of the WE productcode)

Last edited by chemist; 2014-07-03 at 14:43.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
@yjeanrenaud Simply by soldering iron .. leaving silver tin.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Kaacz View Post
Ok, I make own.
Bought this on eBay.

Polarity is easy exchanged by shift power strip (on naked receiver).
No need to make crossing as made @Wonko.
The spacing between contacts is reduced by cut with scissors.

When charger pad is powered by standard Jolla 1A power adapter, phone is charged by 550-600mA in good position on charger pad.
But on charger pad is info: Input 5V 2A, Output 5V 1A ..

And result in more images.
@Kaacz:Thanks for the pics and guide.
So to shift the polarity (by looking at your pictures):

1. Somehow tear apart the receiver so that the strip is nakes.
2. Desolder it
3. move strip one step closer to the edge of the main "board" part so that the strip connects to the two contacts closest to the edge.
4. Resolder it

Is this correct?
How did you fix it to the TOH? double sided tape or glue?

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Thanks for the hellp Kaacz!

I resoldered one for my wife and one for me. It works! charging @~4.6V Even though the receiver looked the same as yours, the reversed polarity solder points were not located like on your pictures, but it was just as easy.

The connection of the stripe to the jolla pogo pins feels a little half-assed.
Aren't there any kind of connectors to buy that match the jolla pogo pins.? Soldering such on to the strip and connect them would be perfect.

anyone know where to buy some kind of connectors or components that would fit the jolla pins?

EDIT: It gets hot as hell after a while. Normal?

Last edited by Larswad; 2014-10-24 at 08:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Many thanks to Bundyo and Wonko earlier in this thread - I now have a touchstone-based charger working with my Jolla.
Featuring one sticker carefully peeled from a Pre back cover, some "Slug and Snail Repellent" sticky copper tape, a craft knife, a bad soldering job, and a little bit of foam from the Pre case under where the pogo pins are. Done. Although the back cover now bulges slightly. Never mind eh.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yep, a bulge for a charge, I don't mind

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
I was looking for a supplier of those coils with electronics attached already (plug'n'play)
I ran into this http://katalog.we-online.de/en/pbs/W...5#vs_t1:2_ct:1 pretty neat as the electronics are fitted in the center of the coil, the outputrating is a bit high but all chargers I know do not supply more than 1.5A (dry) which is 1.05A or 1050mA at the coil.
Has anyone tried these coils yet? They look promising, but I don't want to accidentally fry my new Jolla, if the output is too high.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by hharju View Post
Has anyone tried these coils yet? They look promising, but I don't want to accidentally fry my new Jolla, if the output is too high.
Potential power output(amps, A, mA, etc) is limited by how much your phone can draw, other than perhaps wartime Soviet electronic hacks, nearly all designs are sensitive to over (or under) voltage but all electronics being modular will regulate the amp draw internally from all sources even on the board rather than depending on a self limited power supply. Otherwise they could never get a UL or CE certification and would be famous for catching fire for no reason.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Since I won't be making them anymore, too busy with TOHKBD2 and other products:

Qi charging pad
This one does up to 1000ma, which is the most your Jolla will accept.

TOH stl file
This one will work with regular at-home 3D printer. You may have to adjust for you own model and material. Printing this one via shapeways will result in a non-fitting part.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Potential power output(amps, A, mA, etc) is limited by how much your phone can draw, other than perhaps wartime Soviet electronic hacks, nearly all designs are sensitive to over (or under) voltage but all electronics being modular will regulate the amp draw internally from all sources even on the board rather than depending on a self limited power supply. Otherwise they could never get a UL or CE certification and would be famous for catching fire for no reason.
I was referring to the voltage, which could potentially do harm, as mentioned by rainisto. I tried to look for the voltage in the materials for those WE receivers, but couldn't find it in any of the materials. It is however good to know that at least the amp output won't be a problem.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
925 cover is atleast bad idea, since pins in that cover output 7.25V which will fry the charger circuit on Jolla.