Notices

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by munozferna View Post
A couple of seconds.
Is the "call-back" registration method integrated, in case the sms doesnt go through? I remember Tgalal saying thats was one of the points of delay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blakkpanter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by blakkpanter View Post
Is the "call-back" registration method integrated, in case the sms doesnt go through? I remember Tgalal saying thats was one of the points of delay
I tried to register and it failed (3 or 4 times), each failure adds a delay (on WhatsApp's servers), so after a 180-minute wait, it worked. Voice fallback isn't implemented.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I tried to register and it failed (3 or 4 times), each failure adds a delay (on WhatsApp's servers), so after a 180-minute wait, it worked. Voice fallback isn't implemented.
Its to stop spamming requests from overloading the registration server, but if only they paid more attention into getting the registration more reliable..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
I agree with other people suggesting that the messaging UI should be kept to the N9 standard.

Looking at the same pic on every message is of no help. Should put the contact picture on the top, where we will see who is it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dcastrog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Its to stop spamming requests from overloading the registration server, but if only they paid more attention into getting the registration more reliable..
Yes, but this isn't the server's fault. For example, one of the failed attempts was because Wazapp tried to parse the code 3 times (3 requests to the server), naturally, the latter 2 failed so that added to the delays.

There are some bugs in registration, and contacts sync seems to take time, at least for me, but besides that, it seems to work fine

Also afaik, S60 showed a "Your friend sent you their location, but location isn't implemented on Symbian" or similar on earlier versions, when location sending/receiving wasn't there, this simply discards the message.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Arie, so I suppose he over-came the problem with Registration issues he previously experienced.... Did U come across any of the sort?

Not to complain much but, can't we keep conversation screens look standard N9 style? Our SMSs, XMS, WEB2SMS etc, all look the same with different theme colours, this App is uniquely designed for N9, it's not a must that it has to looks like the official one..... But it still looks good I admit.
I came across some issues, he is fixing it now.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by mike_shenoda View Post
hi Arie i just wanted to ask about the push i read the comments through your site and u answered that u must be online which mean u must be open the app all the time if u closed u wont get the message until you open it again
As I told in his web:
"All that programs must be connected to internet in push mode to work. ALL. Maybe you can close the window, but the program is running in background connected to internet."

And Tgalal said in the same web:
"If you close wazapp it will run in background (even if not appearing in window list). So you will be notified if you receive new messages as long as your phone is connected to Internet."

Obviously if you disconnect from internet or close even the background process (maybe killing it), you won't receive anything until you open it again.

Patlak, a FAQ in the first post could be a great idea .

Last edited by malkavian; 2012-05-07 at 21:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
As I told in his web:
"All that programs must be connected to internet in push mode to work. ALL. Maybe you can close the window, but the program is running in background connected to internet."

And Tgalal said in the same web:
"If you close wazapp it will run in background (even if not appearing in window list). So you will be notified if you receive new messages as long as your phone is connected to Internet."

Obviously if you disconnect from internet of close even the background process (maybe killing it), you won't receive anything until you open it again.

Patlak, a FAQ in the first post could be a great idea .
I'm afraid the term push notifications and their definition were because of iOS.

iOS offers a push notification service that shows notifications ONLY when the app is not running (if it's running, a delegate handles the notification and it isn't shown).

This works through Apple's servers alongside the servers of the developer.
The developer has to have servers, which receive the messages, produce a notification, send it to Apple's servers, which then sends it to the iOS device (Server -> APN (Apple Push Notification) -> device).
I think Nokia tried to do the same with Ovi Notifications (google it, there's an API for MeeGo/Harmattan I think), but I'm not sure if it's as reliable as Apple's, or if it works in the same way.

Wazapp does it the android way, the UI is always running and produces local (on-device) notifications.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I think Nokia tried to do the same with Ovi Notifications (google it, there's an API for MeeGo/Harmattan I think), but I'm not sure if it's as reliable as Apple's, or if it works in the same way.
I have a feeling this is why eBuddy XMS has such crap push notifications that bug out and stop working.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

@the ones who've tested it

Considering all the bugs Wazapp still may have at this point, -and this is not whining- how far is it from being a ready product?

Like, if the app were a car on a factory line, are the engine and the wheels still missing or does it only need to be painted?

The Following User Says Thank You to slushie For This Useful Post:

Tags
diapers, high-school