Notices

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
Can someone help me? I can't get this working.

I've installed the game, copied original files from the cd, according to Nathraiben's instructions, and it still keeps giving me this:

info : Using config file: /home/user/.config/albion/albion.cfg
fatal: Unable to open <CD_PATH>/XLDLIBS/FONTS0.XLD (exit code: -5)

What is <CD_PATH> and where can i set it?

Thanks.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Er dude, did you even read the thread? hint: start reading from comment 21...

Originally Posted by efekt View Post
Er dude, did you even read the thread? hint: start reading from comment 21...
Yes I've read the whole thread and can not figure out what I'm doing wrong. It says the same thing whatever I do. Can you help me with this?

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Install the 'Albion' application from the App Manager.
Copy all the original game files (from the Albion CD which of course you must own) to /home/user/MyDocs/games/Albion (the directory should now contain the folders:
  • XDLIBS
  • SAVES
  • DRIVERS
  • CD
plus some various files).
Go to /home/user/.config/albion, open the file 'albion.cfg' and make sure the 'Game Directory' line is set as the following:
GameDirectory=/home/user/MyDocs/games/Albion.

Save the file and run the game through the 'Albion' application that you've downloaded. Worked for me.

Last edited by efekt; 2010-09-28 at 22:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Okay, there seems to be something else wrong then because it still gives me the same <CD_PATH> error. I'm gonna look at it again tomorrow, too tired right now.

Thanks anyway.

Originally Posted by Beerduck View Post
Okay, there seems to be something else wrong then because it still gives me the same <CD_PATH> error. I'm gonna look at it again tomorrow, too tired right now.

Thanks anyway.
Hi. The <CD_PATH> in the error message is the SOURCE_PATH in your SETUP.INI. You should know that from reading the instructions...

The Following User Says Thank You to lukash For This Useful Post:
Can anyone give a correct install guide? The one on the first page errors, the hints in here don't really work and are not easy to sort. I love this game and playing it on n900 would be some wonderful stuff!

I don't know of any errors in the first post guide. If you point some out I'll be happy to fix them. The installation is not trivial, but not so hard either.

Maybe I just was too lazy to install the game on the harddisk (mac user with no windows available).

Gonna give it a try now, I'll feedback soon.

Edit:
Okay, so that's the error:

info : Using config file: /home/user/.config/albion/albion.cfg
fatal: Unable to open <CD_PATH>/XLDLIBS/FONTS0.XLD (exit code: -5)

In /home/user/.config/albion/albion.cfg the GameDirectory is set to "/home/user/MyDocs/games/Albion".

This folder contains:
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs/games/Albion# ls
ALBILOW.BAT ALBION.PIF DRIVERS MAIN.EXE SETUP.EXE
ALBION ALBION.VMC INSTALL.LBM README.TXT SETUP.INI
ALBION.EXE DOS4GW.EXE INSTALL.SCR SAVES XLDLIBS

I did also empty the SETUP.INI file.

Any hints? Is there something I have to copy around?

Thanks!

Last edited by champus; 2010-10-19 at 09:42.

If you followed the first post guide, you would copy the ALBION directory from the CD to the /home/user/MyDocs/games/Albion directory on your phone, then set the path in SETUP.INI.

Since you emptied the SETUP.INI, the CD path should be the directory /home/user/MyDocs/games/Albion, although in this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=27 Nathrabien had to actually set the path in SETUP.INI to ./. So thats one thing you could try, the other thing I suggest is checking whether the file FONTS0.XLD actually is in the XLDLIBS directory.

I just got an idea of some hacks I could add to the code that maybe could help with all these trouble and make it really simple. I'll try it when I have some time.