Posts: 39 | Thanked: 188 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
Appearantly everyone at nokia does not agree with Elop..

http://felipec.wordpress.com/2011/06...elop-on-meego/

come on guys we had to kill this **** man!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to viic For This Useful Post:
Here is a translation of the article quickle done with the help of Google translate:

Elop rules out the return of Meego
Nokia CEO promises to support those in danger of termination.
By Petri Sajari HS

MOBILE PHONE manufacturer Nokia’s CEO Stephen Elop promises the company to present soon a host of new inventions to improve the competitiveness of their mobile handsets.
According to Elop there have been major changes made in the company's internal working methods over the past four months, that will speed up the development of better phones and the practical implementation of the plans.
"I've talked a lot about how to increase people's sense of responsibility, empathy, listening to customers and each other and to avoid being arrogant," Elop said in an interview in Helsingin Sanomat on Wednesday.

AS AN EXAMPLE of new inventions he regards the N9-phone that was published on Tuesday, which, however, will go on sale in the autumn for more than a year late.
"It has a number of inventions regarding usability, design and materials, which we will utilize and develop further in future devices. I can not yet tell about them more, but they will soon be seen," Elop says.
Elop says that N9 is a device that is (more about) utilizing the Qt programming environment than the MeeGo operating system.

Qt programming environment allows applications to be programmed to operate on three of Nokia's operating system, but not on a Windows phone.
Elop says that there is no return to Meego, even if the N9 is sales success.
"I have been watching the discussions with the telecom operators and consumers participated in the test groups. Feedback has been very positive and I am sure that Windows will be a success," Elop said.

THE RECENT difficulties have made employees and investors doubt the company's ability to solve problems in time. Competitors' sales are growing, but the Nokia phones’ demand is decreasing.
This year, the share price has declined more than 40 percent, as investors are highly uncertain of the business development.

"I can well understand that investors want to see the results of a new strategy in its full glory. It will take some time, but when we are able to present the results of our strategy, I'm sure about the reduction of uncertainty."
Migration to software company Microsoft's Windows operating system is a frustration for many workers. Some fear that the company will become just a Microsoft OEM and subcontractor. Elop knocks out the idea.
"Nokia will continue product development in software, services and equipment design. We will build inventions to the Windows-based phones that will make us stand out from our competitors and will bring significant additional benefits for application developers."
According to Elop several software development projects have been established in recent months at Nokia. "Software product development workers are increasingly more motivated about our achievements. I am with dealing with them all the time. I keep getting e-mails, which describe the acceleration of problem-solving."

RESTLESSNESS of the workers might also be reduced by the ending of the co-determination negotiations. Workers being under a threat of being fired have until the end of the year to think about their future.
"We will work with outside companies to find jobs for those wishing to go. We are prepared to finance start-ups, and we have ideas for the development of our patented inventions in other companies, but the legal issues must first be resolved," Elop said.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pasih For This Useful Post:
lol you ppl

the war was lost a long time ago behind closed doors

you are just quibbling over the aftermath

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
"No return to MeeGo" means as a corporate strategy.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. If the N9 continues to be regarded as well as it is so far, Nokia abandoning it will just be an invitation for some other company to pick it up.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
i can't believe to this fact...elop says
even if N9 sells 3 billion of unit, we don't produce any meego's phone
this mean:
i am an incompetent man, and at nokia are so stupid that i work here and noone say me that my strategy sucks

The Following User Says Thank You to viic For This Useful Post:
This sh*t will f*ck you up...

Nokia hasn't done any good for itself for a while, now... I can't help but feel that windows phone will be an epic fluke, that nokia will drown in its' dealings with the evil empire, just like everybody else has done so, and the gods they know what will become of the leftovers of the company.

Or maybe not. But honestly, I can't say that this bodes well. I can't recall any instance where a company actively adverstised its products to be of unsupported, beta quality, and managed to get away with good sales.

The company has basically stated that the N950 will be a beta product. The company has stated that the N9 will be the last of its line. Ecosystems seem to be a concern in today's cell phone business... So honestly, how in the name of the Hail Mary's holy sheet is this thing supposed to take off?!?!?

Either they're planning on selling it for truly cheap prices (yearite), or the market is dumber than we expect, which, even though the masses have proven time and time again that they ain't really in touch with the in-between ears thing, doesn't strike me as a possibility.

I can't help but see that Elop will go down in infamy (and in a frakkload of cash, also), while nokia goes down in flames...

Too much drama, I know, but I kinda had some hope in this whole Harmattan stint.

Elop has burned down the platform and now he's running the boat microsoft

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by viic View Post
i can't believe to this fact...elop says
even if N9 sells 3 billion of unit, we don't produce any meego's phone
this mean:
i am an incompetent man, and at nokia are so stupid that i work here and noone say me that my strategy sucks
What makes you think that he would allow 3 billion to be made. Eldar (not the most reliable source) says that Nokia will make manufacture only 92 000 N9s. Doubt that Eldar knows the exact amount, but I would not be suprised if the part and supply orders are minimal and designed to keep N9 from becoming something that would require real long term support.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
come on guys we had to kill this **** man!
please stop that, I know you're not serious but still.

Just read that part:

Elop says that there is no return to Meego, even if the N9 is sales success.
"I have been watching the discussions with the telecom operators and consumers participated in the test groups. Feedback has been very positive and I am sure that Windows will be a success," Elop said.
In this context I would say elop didn't rule out any other meego phones, he just said wp7 will be a success and therfore it will be the main platform. I think at this point he essentially had to assert people that they still fully believe in wp7.

Meego will likely remain a niche platform to try new things though.

Eldar (not the most reliable source) says that Nokia will make manufacture only 92 000 N9s.
92000 n950s, not n9

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:

Tags
elopcalypse, elopocalypse, insanity, makesnosense, trojan