Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
So by the time this gets released, it will be pretty old hardware again
If the hardware quality is fine that is not an issue.

Looking around at the phone market it appears that by end of Sept 2015 Sailfish 2.0 will have a good chance to be the latest and greatest consumer smartphone OS on the planet.

One of the reasons for that would be that it will have to run fine on pretty old hardware like the Jolla phone and Tablet.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
Why don't you just say you're mad you didn't get the toy you were promised exactly when you wanted it.
When you put it that way, it does sound like a reasonable gripe.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
When you put it that way, it does sound like a reasonable gripe.
What makes me mad is not that i get me toy on time (resp. after 2nd delay). What makes me angry is the #unlike #openness and other PR speech whereas the communication was just disastrous in the last 2-3 months.
#soon #shortly are terms i dont want to hear anymore. On the last blog entry (10days to 2 weeks ago) Jolla wrote that the shipping in July MAY be affected. Really? If sending out the tablets is 3-5 weeks after the developer loan programm starts Jolla 1000% had to know 2 weeks ago but didnt want to tell then.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Whohoho...I did say people will get this in September. And people in this thread...

"No, indiegogo say end of May", "stupid stop speculating you are incorrect", "It's end of July, not sept. read the blog" and so forth.

I'm too good for this thread! I should be president. Not Donald Trump...

1. Bought another tablet today. Can't wait any more for jolla. Surface Pro 3...vacation is imminent.
2. As long as (Hope) I get my tablet before Gerbick, since you still have patience in every post you write or do you still?
3. I think jolla should cover tax for its backers. Would be the right thing to do.

You wish for tablet for Christmas? You will get it right in time...IT will ship as soon as the snow arrives...HoHoHo

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-07-23 at 17:13.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
So by the time this gets released, it will be pretty old hardware again
I assume the only company that can get away with releasing outdated hardware is Apple.
It pays off to name things differently and keep silent about the actual specs.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I assume the only company that can get away with releasing outdated hardware is Apple.
Well, actually, yeah! That's kind of the point of Apple: they put an awful lot of time and effort into their software, and an awful lot of time and effort into their hardware design, and even an awful lot of time and effort into the look of their products. And so, their products take an awful lot of time before they are released.

Say what you will about the company, their products tend to be beautiful, easy-to-use, and last forever. Whereas companies that live on the bleeding edge tend to rush out devices full of bugs that fall apart quickly...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hey, this is a solid piece of communication from a group that I used to slam for being "vague".

Kudos to them. This kind of communication will work for some (read: I don't mind) but to others, it's not as effective as it seems. And about "old hardware" - this is based on a decision from perhaps last year.

Technology moves forward; always.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Hey, this is a solid piece of communication from a group that I used to slam for being "vague".

Kudos to them. This kind of communication will work for some (read: I don't mind) but to others, it's not as effective as it seems. And about "old hardware" - this is based on a decision from perhaps last year.

Technology moves forward; always.
What do you mean? There is no estimate delivery date so they are more vague than ever before

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
I think SOS 2.0 for phones will be out earlier 'cause Jolla has said that it would go to Early Access users within a few weeks...

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Whohoho...I did say people will get this in September.
You've said many things Dave. (Although you've deleted a whole lot of your posts as well...) I know you're just being facetious here. But, let me go ahead and dig through this thread for a few things you've said:

Let's focus on the release party. Also hope for shipment 3 of may...
Approx...150 days since campaign start... Approx 31 to delivery.
(This would have been May 1)

Could be early may, could be middle may, could be end of may or if they screw up...june.
But maybe they prioretize something else...so lets hope for early july.
May it is...
Since may is estimated delivery I would assume jolla to give more precise shipping information very soon.
I have no issue waiting for the tablet. I like a good count up thread. I wouldn't mind a delay a year or two.

It's finally june! The magic month when the first tablets will be shipped to endusers (read: selected devs)
55 days to tablet shipment.
(This on July 1, so a late August prediction.)

20 days to shipment according to jolla.
(This on July 6, so prediction of July 26th.)

End of july.
Tablet delivery after the 25th of July scares me...not for my own part, but for the future of Jolla...
(An ominous prediction indeed.)

But do enjoy your Surface Pro 3! It really is a beautiful device.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund