Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
YoDude,
Your link went to a dead spot. But what do you mean? Can I take a widget install file from my S60 device and send it to another S60 device via BT or USB? Or a Maemo device?
Yes... I am particularly interested in what player is called by the AP video widget (among other things )

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I'm not sure, and I don't have an N97 any longer, but I could find out. I'm pretty sure it uses the one built into the Nokia OSS Webkit browser, but that's only speculation. Would you like me to pose your question to our firmware gurus on SF?

But you can send ANY file via bluetooth OBEX to any compatible reciever. Now whether Maemo has the corresponding files needed to support the wgz files I do not know.

Why not just go online and download a wgz and see if it will run? Or do you need to know which files are accessed by said wgz? I believe we can accomplish both.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
But you can send ANY file via bluetooth OBEX to any compatible reciever. Now whether Maemo has the corresponding files needed to support the wgz files I do not know.

Why not just go online and download a wgz and see if it will run? Or do you need to know which files are accessed by said wgz? I believe we can accomplish both.
I have. It seems that all WGZ is is a zipped file archive. Once unzipped you can see the directory structure, read the source of the HTML, check out any CSS, etc.

I'll contact you later via PM if that's OK?

k. Let me know if you can get it working, and if so, how hard or easy it was.