Notices

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
I give up...still not working...

Originally Posted by pabloniss View Post
I give up...still not working...
okay, let's test it with your browser: your ip: port/gui (ex. 100.10.100.200:100/gui)

You have to enable the Web UI in utorrent settings, open your port or use the default port (port forwarding, if you won't use the default incomming port)

If this works it should work with the app

After doublechecking that everything is correct I still get "There was and error connecting to the server: Host requires authentication"

It seems silly that I'm able to use the in-browser uRemote on my N900 but not this app.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gainsborough, uk
Originally Posted by kribber View Post
After doublechecking that everything is correct I still get "There was and error connecting to the server: Host requires authentication"

It seems silly that I'm able to use the in-browser uRemote on my N900 but not this app.
mine says "There was and error connecting to the server: Host requires authentication"

All works fine in the browsers

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
i installed the webui, i can acces the webui from the pc but when i enter this info in uremote i keep getting the message: there was an error connecting to the server: host requires authentication and everything is the same as on my pc

Originally Posted by nielsvg View Post
i installed the webui, i can acces the webui from the pc but when i enter this info in uremote i keep getting the message: there was an error connecting to the server: host requires authentication and everything is the same as on my pc
'Host requires authentication' means that the username/password is wrong. Check that the case is the same - by default Maemo will capitalize the first letter (and using shift reverses this). If you want to check that the password is input correctly take a look at the contents of ~/.config - there should be a settings file for uRemote in XML.

Originally Posted by rdnetto View Post
'Host requires authentication' means that the username/password is wrong. Check that the case is the same - by default Maemo will capitalize the first letter (and using shift reverses this). If you want to check that the password is input correctly take a look at the contents of ~/.config - there should be a settings file for uRemote in XML.
Yeah I feel pretty dumb now.

Anyhow, it would be nice if clicking on .torrent files in my browser would automatically open them in uRemote. Doesn't seem too far fetched?

It's a bit of a hassle saving them only to open them manually.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
For those who have no problem connecting to the Web GUI on their PC, but cannot connect from uRemote - try to check if the uTorrent is added to your firewall exceptions.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
Where can I file a bug for this application?

The Bug:
Like in the screenshot on the first post - the status (percentage value) is not visible after passing ~50%.

The status bar looks slick and elegant, but it's difficult to see so I wonder, how would it look if it were a few pixels (2 or 4) taller?

Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Where can I file a bug for this application?

The Bug:
Like in the screenshot on the first post - the status (percentage value) is not visible after passing ~50%.

The status bar looks slick and elegant, but it's difficult to see so I wonder, how would it look if it were a few pixels (2 or 4) taller?
The bug tracker is here: https://garage.maemo.org/projects/uremote
Please note that the I am aware of the bug you mentioned, and that there isn't much I can do about it - that bug is actually in the Qt libraries, so it's out of my hands. I've filed a bug report, but so far there hasn't been any response.