It's time to replace my N9 Battery, the battery drains in less than 30 minutes when used and 4 in hours when idle.

The question is what battery is the best? Can I use batteries that are used in some of the Windows Phones (The cases are similiar in some of the phones so is it possible?)

I'm good at tweaking my phone so if it comes to that I'd like to atleast give it a try ( I've added the wireless recharger to my N9 inspired by some guy who did it 1st @ youtube )

The Following User Says Thank You to Joonas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
I have good expirience with
http://www.parts4repair.com/nokia-n9/

Since now i had buyed one display and USB-Taps and Housing.

My Batterys are still in good conditions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Whatever you do, don't get one like these:
ebay-link

I bought one and after only 6 months its capacity is down to 1/4, it gets hot and the phone frequently drops from 60% Charge to 4%. With the stock battery this happened only at values from about 30% downwards.

Originally Posted by Joonas View Post
The question is what battery is the best?
There are still a few genuine originals ones available as here: http://www.pixmania.co.uk/mobile-pho...2369062-a.html

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sankt-Peterburg, Russia
Any BV-5JW (genuine or not) would work. I usually buy on ebay or aliexpress because it's cheap.

The Following User Says Thank You to ekze For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Also i think why Lumia 800 is in fact a modificate N9, the Battery for this Lumia shood be the same

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Thank you for all your posts. Got 2nd battery now for my n9, and works fine now. I'm still wondering is it possible to connect a bit longer lasting battery for the phone than the brand new original ? And yes the Lumia the post mentioned before should be the same battery also

The Following User Says Thank You to Joonas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ BULGARIA
I\ll use this theme to ask:
It has a bug probem, may be, with the battery on my N9. When i'm in 3G mode, and I'm online..my battery suuddenly get low to 4% for only 2 hours... My battery is a new one! Doest it a decision for that kind of a problem?! thanks a lot!

similar problem with mine, which is why i bought an N5 two years ago. running 3g i'd find the battery would die in an hour or two after a full charge.

two years later, still using it as an alarm clock it will last for four or five days (without a sim).

Tags
battery life, nokia n9