Notices

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I use Nokia Messaging (which DOES support PUSH), and I hate that deleted messages don't sync with the server, so I have to delete twice. I'm, too, disappointed in N900 email progress. I get alerts for old emails I've deleted weeks ago.
I signed up for Nokia Messaging but after the trial ends they require a paid subscription which I didn't want to pay. Yet some people seem to have it for free

EDIT - for clarification I cancelled the subscription and currently use Gmail IMAP for email and GMail Exchange for calendar and contacts

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by cazzajay View Post
Thanks pelago, but it seems this doesn't do emails - just SMS and missed calls?
Ah yes, you're right! Still, it might be worth asking the author of that if it can give a count of new emails too as a feature request.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, United Kingdom
well it seems i'm not the only one with this kind of problem. i hope it doesn't just get forgotten...

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Guys, I have just strarted a Brainstorm on how to turn Modest into a useable email client. Please visit, add solutions and vote! This may be the only way we'll ever get Nokia to do something about it...