Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
Here is a picture but not very clear. (old camera) What do you suggest doing??

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Have you got a macro setting on that camera? or can you get a camera that will take an image in focus that can be zoomed into.

IF you can i will take a good look at it and advise you ok.

Ok I'll try.

WHat i strongly suggest you do first of all is clean that mess up with a hot iron and solder braid because the solder is splattered and the chances are you got a short circuit situation there.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
i could help you put it back onto your board if you want to send it to me in NZ. I soldered mine back on with a 1mm low heat soldering. Tooks a very long time to precisely put it back onto the board because if you do it with a high heat you might end up burning the surrounding chips.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
i could help you put it back onto your board if you want to send it to me in NZ. I soldered mine back on with a 1mm low heat soldering. Tooks a very long time to precisely put it back onto the board because if you do it with a high heat you might end up burning the surrounding chips.
Need a soldering station really not a plain old iron.

Takes me about 2 minutes to re-solder a usb port back on once stripped down.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
piece of advice.

1. use high heat solder to clean the large pins and quickly clean the small pins
2.clean the area with methanol/nail polish removal
3. Get a new USB female type B
4. Align the pins correctly (small pins)
5. soldering it back on the board (large pins with high heat, small pins with low heat 1mm tip with magnifying glass)
6. scratch the board to the copper and lead it to the USB to reinforce
7. epoxy it afterward to solidifying and stability
8. check the small pins with magnifying glass
9. clean it up again with nail polish removal
10. Check the pins again before put it back together.

These are what you need to do

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
DO what max advises and the best way to align the rear pins is to tack down one side of the usb earth and use a magnifying glass to move it only having to put the soldering iron on the side you have temorarily tacked down without the need to touch the data pins as they are delicate for sure.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Need a soldering station really not a plain old iron.

Takes me about 2 minutes to re-solder a usb port back on once stripped down.
I don't think 2mins even possible lol. I've done mine and it's not that simple if you only buying tools from the store. Unless you got the right equipments to do it. I'm not an engineer but my dad is an electronic engineer. I learned from him on how to solder and repairing electronics goods, motherboard repair from TV and more.

Basically I was borned and raise with them.

All my brothers are an electronic engineers. I'm not, a computer technician and consultant.

weird aye.The last one is the odd one lol

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
I have a 0.12mm Soldering bit from antex usa. That is what I used. I can not take any better pictures for now. (My camera does not have macro mode) I did solder it first completely but the when I was connecting the port to the main board the small wires came off. I am using small magnetic wire used in motors.

Tags
test points, usb port