Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Polkowice, Poland
On my N900 reaver freezes:

And use full power of N900 CPU:

The Following User Says Thank You to Kamil1000 For This Useful Post:
I recompiled after make distclean, and even tried to compile v1.0, but still the same.

Someone needs to have a look into thesources at where it stops and why I think.

I will attach the two bins.

Last edited by meShell; 2012-01-03 at 10:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meShell For This Useful Post:
for me compiling it there was only problem with 'ar crT' where T is not supported by maemo ar (neither busybox or gnu). It does seem to hang with no activity whatsoever(except cpu) whether in monitor/bleeding/stock after compiling without this flag (also without providing target which tells immediately its buggy). WPSCrack seems to send 00000000 packets endlessly, which maybe result of two errors (scapy/python-crypto got many packages suggested, some not available for maemo, and most non-optified it would seem) that pop up. Considering multitude of bugs being reported from standard distro users we might have better chances once the main probs are addressed by the authors. Looking forward to it anyway
EDIT: the above is my experience with 1.2, 1.0 from above posts is just as borked, maybe initial release will be luckier though that's doubtful at best
lack of T is probably not the cause of problem. From only man page around I found for ar that contained this flag (MacOS ouch):
-T Select and/or name archive members using only the first fifteen characters of the archive mem-ber member
ber or command line file name. The historic archive format had sixteen bytes for the name, but
some historic archiver and loader implementations were unable to handle names that used the
entire space. This means that file names that are not unique in their first fifteen characters
can subsequently be confused. A warning message is printed to the standard error output if any
file names are truncated. (See ar(5) for more information.)

Doesn't look as if it would make difference (as if binary compiling wouldn't be enough of an indicator), maybe pcap 0.8 is too old (pcap-dev 1.0 conflicts though for me)

Last edited by szopin; 2012-01-01 at 17:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
thank you for your detailed report!
yes I removed only those unsupported T,too.
I have not much time for deeper inspection now.

Thanks for trying anyway, guys - I hope it will be fixable, as it would be nice to have this little bastard on our device. Maybe contacting original developer is good idea? It seems, that interest in this show by our community is = or even > than amongst mainstream desktop

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Yeah, though 5-10 hrs seems to bit harsh at first, when you consider this or never (without a farm doing your wpa cracking for days) it is a great vector of an attack. Also 3-5 seconds per try make this not CPU intensive (from my understanding) making it an awesome tool (also considering how many routers now ship with WPS set as default lol)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Polkowice, Poland
I tried compile this alone via Debian chroot, but it's still not working.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meShell For This Useful Post:
reaver trunk with fixes from issue 41 seems to work a bit better

don't forget to >chmod +x reaver

edit:
trunk removed, as v1.3 is working.

Last edited by meShell; 2012-01-03 at 18:23.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meShell For This Useful Post:
What fixes did you apply? Revision 42 (the one using sqlite3 as yours) gives me same hanging as before. Your version fails to initialize interface (bit better I guess)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: