Notices

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
I transferred my audio/video stuff from my old N900 to my brand new N900.

CD covers disappeared.

So in the Terminal I gave the command that eMHa specified in page 2 of this thread:

$ tracker-processes --hard-reset

then started the MediaPlayer and wait the (slow) index rebuild. Just Worked(tm).

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Sorry? (in italian: scusa?)
tilt2control : control mediaplayer by tilting your n900.
gpstracker-c : easy handle your gpstracker tk102.
pyOBD for maemo (OBD-II cars diagnostic)

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
thank u for this app.it was a life saver for me.I was working on the car yesterday and i left my phone on the dash.totally forgot about it until i finished 2 hours later on a very hot day.I freaked out until I saw the app work its magic...and the phone was at 58 celcius.God know how much more it would have been with the 1000 overclock i had.thanks!

I recommend this app to anybody out there who overclocks!
Probably 58 °C, if it wasn't doing anything and you haven't increased the minimum frequency too.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
I get a high cpu utilization by savecpu, about 25%, for long time. I had to kill it.

In addition, why so long delay between checks? In 5 minutes you can melt a cpu quite easily! I think the delay should range 1..10 minutes.

Last edited by cipper; 2011-04-28 at 09:18.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by cipper View Post
I get a high cpu utilization by savecpu, about 25%, for long time. I had to kill it.

In addition, why so long delay between checks? In 5 minutes you can melt a cpu quite easily! I think the delay should range 1..10 minutes.
I can confirm the high CPU utilization, closing the saveCPU GUI seems to 'resolve' the problem.

Thank you for this application. Once it works it will be of good use during the hopefully hot summer.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Yes, I confim: only the GUI use high CPU. You don't need to take it open, after you have select and stored the parameters.
tilt2control : control mediaplayer by tilting your n900.
gpstracker-c : easy handle your gpstracker tk102.
pyOBD for maemo (OBD-II cars diagnostic)

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
any chance of an update now that we have power kernel 47?It reads 0 degrees and it always downgrades the cpu cause it doesn`t read the temp properly.

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
need you help m750.
i have updated kernel-power to v47 and after updating qcpufreq started showing temp above 400 some how i managed to get the right temperature and uninstalled Qcpufreq but now savecpu is not showing the actually temp and it's blinking as actual temp is 40.6 now .
i have a widget for showing temp.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by eefo View Post
need you help m750.
i have updated kernel-power to v47 and after updating qcpufreq started showing temp above 400 some how i managed to get the right temperature and uninstalled Qcpufreq but now savecpu is not showing the actually temp and it's blinking as actual temp is 40.6 now .
i have a widget for showing temp.
As it has been discussed many times v47 kernel corrects a bug that was in v46 regarding the temperature. Since all apps using the temperature information was written regarding the bug in v46, now they do not work well. No need to uninstall qcpufreq.

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
As it has been discussed many times v47 kernel corrects a bug that was in v46 regarding the temperature. Since all apps using the temperature information was written regarding the bug in v46, now they do not work well. No need to uninstall qcpufreq.
alright thanks !