Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
Do you happen to know what they refurbish?
On my model, the main refurb part was the main board. The keyboard and some of the external frame bits were clearly new (had that squeaky new plastic look/feel). The screen had a protector on it already, and had a couple very mild scratches under the protector in non-screen areas, where most people hold it by when closed. The tell tale was that there was data in the MyDoc partition that was easily recoverable. It was originally setup with a french keyboard which made typing a hair wonky until I got the setting right.

Originally Posted by lstrike21 View Post
Well since it is pretty explicit in announcing its new and also from UK not HK I figured I would take a shot. He has a seven day return money back so eh what to lose?
The one I got mine from also said it was new, and even disputed several feedbacks claiming they were not. They also offered a money back guarantee, and warranties. In the end, I left them neutral feedback for shipping a refurb when it was clearly marked new. But most were leaving good feedback and saying the same thing, mainly because they were happy to get a working device at a good price.

AFAIK production on the N900 stopped several months ago. So the only "new" N900s that are around are the ones sitting in boxes in cell shop dealers that haven't been purchased. There may be a few out there still, but more than likely if you're getting a "new" one, it's not really new. Over the next few months though, even refurbs are going to start to dry up. So if you want a spare, now's the time to get one.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Over the next few months though, even refurbs are going to start to dry up. So if you want a spare, now's the time to get one.
And that was my main idea going it, to find a good condition Nokia N900 for a good price. I traded and bought on on Craigslist around 6 to 7 months ago but now you can't even find them anymore in my neck of the woods. Caught this deal and figured well new what the heck. Also glad I pulled the trigger quick as they flew. For the 150 even used would be a decent deal. I have a box with all the accessories in my closet so I already will have a complete package. This is the only phone that I have ever had to have over and over again which is weird for me as last year alone I went through ten devices easily. Guess it really speaks (at least from a gadget lover perspective) how Nokia really made a niche special device that people were genuinely enthusiastic about. Anyways this one will be my keeper.

Hopefully the 9 the seller sold within a one day window actually were devices just laying around. If I find it is a refurb or was used I will ask for a discount to offset or he will be getting negative feedback for the lie. If they device works and is in great shape I will be happy either way. If it is scratched etc., I will be pretty upset though.

Hasn't shipped yet. Ad says usually ships within 2 days of cleared payment.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I just bought a NEW N900 in the store (BelCompany but not in the online store) for €35
It was the last one ofcourse AND still sealed!
Nice! Man what luck.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Nice! Man what luck.
35€? Seriously? :O

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
<s />?

10char

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Nice! Man what luck.
Yeah

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
My own N900 was a bit broken (touchscreen was acting very strange) so I sent it back to nokia, and got a new (or refurb) E7.

So I just bought a new N900 for €35. It was priced for €99, but I just asked for discount, since it's an old phone and no one wants it anyway. They agreed with the price drop.

Sometimes life is great

Last edited by HtheB; 2012-05-02 at 10:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
wow, what a lucky man,