Originally Posted by Pietro22 View Post
Please me lock code is: root: mDSywSWPYJuoc:
try 40081
tenchars

The Following User Says Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much saponga

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by danielpublic View Post
I had this problem as well, that the N900 default code did not work.
Guess its due to the fact I bought it second hand.

Anyway, this is what I did and you should do in five steps!

1: First of all, we need to get into the device. Lets ssh into it!
Install the ssh's client and server. Now ssh into it with a ssh client for your OS. The user to use is: root

2: Now you should be inside your N900 device, once there we want to get the so called DES hash of the password.

Code:
echo root:$(grep -A 13 lock_code /dev/mtd1|tail -1):
Now you get a output something like this:
root:63NCRYqE75Us0:

3: Copy the output and put it in a file on your computer, named: old_maemo_lock_code

4: Make a search for John the ripper and install it.

5: Open up a terminal and write:
Code:
john -format:DES -i:digits /path/to/old_maemo_lock_code
There, now just wait 5-10 minutes
Thanks to however wrote the post with grep part above!
For those of you who have issues enumerating the lock code because your grep command is broken. You can try this instead (you need either busybox-power installed and/or you have installed GNU package which provides a whole bunch of GNU command line tools including strings):

Code:
echo root:$(strings /dev/mtd1 | grep -A 1 lock_code | tail -1):
You basically substitute:
Code:
echo root:$(grep -A 13 lock_code /dev/mtd1|tail -1):
with the command I suggested which should work.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Australia
hi, I recently purchased an n900 from ebay and found this website, I followed the reflash methods and it was successful but as it was rebooting it came to the lock code screen. I never set a lock code, the defaults codes don't work. I contacted the ebay seller who quoted the default codes saying they never reset any lock codes. none of them have worked.

I came to this thread and after hours upon hours of trying to learn (complete tech n00b) what everything means I tried ... I reflashed expecting to gain access "once" but no, it came back to the lock screen.

So now what?

Am I doing something wrong?

I haven't been able to find any info on how to do this. I think once I gain access to my phone "once" I should be able to get into the app thing and do the rest. unless I have to connect to wifi to do anything as I never set that up before flashing and have no idea how to do that (not sure if I could figure that out - smartphone n00b).
-------------------------------------

RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

even tried this

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin

Originally Posted by toastncoffeh View Post
hi, I recently purchased an n900 from ebay and found this website, I followed the reflash methods and it was successful but as it was rebooting it came to the lock code screen. I never set a lock code, the defaults codes don't work. I contacted the ebay seller who quoted the default codes saying they never reset any lock codes. none of them have worked.

I came to this thread and after hours upon hours of trying to learn (complete tech n00b) what everything means I tried ... I reflashed expecting to gain access "once" but no, it came back to the lock screen.

So now what?

Am I doing something wrong?

I haven't been able to find any info on how to do this. I think once I gain access to my phone "once" I should be able to get into the app thing and do the rest. unless I have to connect to wifi to do anything as I never set that up before flashing and have no idea how to do that (not sure if I could figure that out - smartphone n00b).
-------------------------------------

RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

even tried this

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin
you have to reflash both images without rebooting between, and after that follow instructions at the beginning of this thread (download archive file, etc.)

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Australia
Originally Posted by murik View Post
you have to reflash both images without rebooting between, and after that follow instructions at the beginning of this thread (download archive file, etc.)
I tried that last night and I just tried again but still boots up to teh code screen.

this is what I am doing..

1) run flasher 3.5 as admin

2) cut n paste:-
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f

3) hold U key and plug usb in. [note I am using a 32 bit laptop, usb cable direct] wait for usb symbol and then let go of U and hit enter on laptop.

4) process runs and is successful

5) unplug usb, cut n paste:-
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R
in flasher 3.5 and hold U, plug in usb, wait for usb symbol let go on U then press enter on laptop.

6) process runs and is successful, phone reboots to code screen.

what am I doing wrong here? .-.

--------------------------------------

edit: also tried swapping step 2 and 5 around (with FIASCO first then eMMC) with the -R only on the eMMC, the second of the two.

still only boots to lock screen.

Last edited by toastncoffeh; 2013-12-10 at 14:01.

Originally Posted by toastncoffeh View Post
I tried that last night and I just tried again but still boots up to teh code screen.

this is what I am doing..

1) run flasher 3.5 as admin

2) cut n paste:-
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f

3) hold U key and plug usb in. [note I am using a 32 bit laptop, usb cable direct] wait for usb symbol and then let go of U and hit enter on laptop.

4) process runs and is successful

5) unplug usb, cut n paste:-
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R
in flasher 3.5 and hold U, plug in usb, wait for usb symbol let go on U then press enter on laptop.

6) process runs and is successful, phone reboots to code screen.

what am I doing wrong here? .-.

--------------------------------------

edit: also tried swapping step 2 and 5 around (with FIASCO first then eMMC) with the -R only on the eMMC, the second of the two.

still only boots to lock screen.
just try to download latest firmware and reflash with that one, 21.2011.38-11. First reflash firmware, then vanilla without rebooting as i said

can you please help crack mines
its either
-HhrilLnqvsoeFEABC or HhrilLnqvsoeFEABC

I get an N900 from the friend and i manage to lock it. I cannot boot into Maemo, i always get the option to enter a Security code, even friend don't know what the code is. I cannot gain root, is there any way to recover N900 or shal i forget it? Thank you for any help.

Tags
devicelock, nokia n900