Posts: 154 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Lima-Perú
Originally Posted by manda View Post
I think that would be ugly.
x2
x2
x2

The microUSB port is on the wrong side of the phone. It needs to be opposite of the speaker for the ear; I don't talk on the phone while charging, because I am paranoid that I'm going to bend something.

Also, for the next gen we don't need a snapdragon; we need an omap4. A little birdie has told me that Nokia is already working with these chips.

Last edited by sennyk; 2010-01-21 at 21:10.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
The N900 is made for people below 6'1" tall.

Short and medium sized people are the most vocal and scream the loudest and try to over-compete with tall people.

They are the ones acting like "super adults" putting all the reviews on the internet and getting all the attention and making as many comments as they possibly can saying "it is not small enough" because of that and because of also average male height of people is around 5'7" (except for the Dutch it is 6'1") the N900 like most other devices is designed for small and medium sized people.

Tall people=bigger body, bigger fingers, bigger pockets

There is a good social and profitable reason to make a "tall people version" (of course you can't call it that, you have to imply it) of every phone/device that Nokia makes.

For example N900 gets dpad, compass, bigger screen, better specs, and bigger keyboard with missing symbols = N905 $50 higher MSRP

Tall people will accept paying higher price especially if it is more comfortable and better specs. They already pay higher for food, clothes lots of things.

It would be a win win situation for Nokia as they would

1) explicitly make the device for bigger people they can remove themselves from all of these short super adults that make the "it's too big" comments.
OMFG I'm getting sick of that short people brainwash that makes me use tiny screens and tiny keyboards.

2) Most male guys that are short will buy it anyways just to prove they are not short/small and to keep an eye on what tall people do/have.
The urge to over compete with tall people is so strong never underestimate it. It is to the point of obsession. You put a NBA player with a big Nokia device on TV commercial 80% of short guys will buy it.

N900 should have N905

When Maemo 6 comes out

N910 should have N915

For high end devices there should be a bigger better specs version.

I'm 6'1" the keyboard is too small and missing dpad and symbols example %><
Pisses me off.
Lots of guys bigger than me too.
Please don't turn this into a height thing, I'm a 5'2 asian male and I think the keys are crammed too. Look at my first reply on the first page of this thread. I would gladly pay 50, even 100 more for the perfect phone.

While directly comparing it to an Iphone or my old samsung blast, which was very thin, it looks a lot bigger, but when it's in my pocket it's not like it's any more noticable than my wallet.

I think it's just opinion, just like that guy who posted after you said he was 6'3 and he thought it was big. I'm pretty sure many of the "short guys" your referring to are taller than me and while they might think the keyboard is perfect, i still feel like it's crammed.

I hope you know what i mean.

I'd love to start seeing HDMI out on future Maemo devices. Obviously, it goes without saying that the value of the HDMI out is diminished somewhat if the CPU/GPU aren't powerful enough to playback HD media. Still, I've love to have the HDMI out to show photos or browse the web.