Posts: 83 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poole, UK
Hi,

I have a problem Saying that: Error in communication with Exchange Server

This happens everytime I n900 syncs with exchange.

I had a thread here, but figured this might be a better place.

A quick summary of the other thread:
I am running Exchange 2003 with a Self-Signed Certificate, this is all working correctly, the instructions to get this working were simple and easy to follow.

Syncing happened fine for a while, using a mixture of Always On, Manual etc

Now, I get the above message evertime it syncs, I have tried syncing just one item type at a time, contact, and calendar both sync with no problem, so the issue is something to do with e-mails
One thing I did do before I noticed this error was to enable my skype account, and merge the contacts......however, now I am not sure that is so relevant.

I have attached a log for anyone to look at (obviously replacing IMEI, username, domain etc)

It appears to have an error of 1004, but I am not completely sure of what is going on in the log, so I may be wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: zip activesync.zip (73.0 KB, 83 views)

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by davidh101 View Post
Hi,

I have a problem Saying that: Error in communication with Exchange Server

This happens everytime I n900 syncs with exchange.

I had a thread here, but figured this might be a better place.

A quick summary of the other thread:
I am running Exchange 2003 with a Self-Signed Certificate, this is all working correctly, the instructions to get this working were simple and easy to follow.

Syncing happened fine for a while, using a mixture of Always On, Manual etc

Now, I get the above message evertime it syncs, I have tried syncing just one item type at a time, contact, and calendar both sync with no problem, so the issue is something to do with e-mails
One thing I did do before I noticed this error was to enable my skype account, and merge the contacts......however, now I am not sure that is so relevant.

I have attached a log for anyone to look at (obviously replacing IMEI, username, domain etc)

It appears to have an error of 1004, but I am not completely sure of what is going on in the log, so I may be wrong.
Might be useful, I had a similar problem and one day mails didn't want to sync anymore. If I just set to sync contacts and calendar only all would complete fine.
I found out that the problem was the "Deleted Items" folder I had and everything went back to normal after disabling it with M4Efolders app.

EDIT: checking my logs I got also error 1004 as you mention:
Code:
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 activesync[1363]: BasicSyncActionWrapper: execute failed with err=1004, failsCount=2
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 activesync[1363]: ActionWarpper - action completed with result 1004
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 activesync[1363]: SyncScheduler::onSyncCompleted aStatus=1004, mForcedSchedule=-2
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 activesync[1363]: StoreProxyImpl::freeSpaceAvailable avail=442118, blocks=516052, aSize=0, bsize=4096, result=1
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 activesync[1363]: UiNotifier::showInfoBanner aId=5
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 activesync[1363]: UiNotifier::showInfoBanner aText=Error in communication with Exchange server.
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 activesync[1363]: QString StoreProxyImpl::getUpdatedItems()
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 activesync[1363]: currentUploaded=''
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 activesync[1363]: ASDAEMON-SYNC: Sync mail complete: Camel ActiveSync provider is notified
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 activesync[1363]: AsStatusManager::handleSyncCompleted(1, 1004)
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 activesync[1363]: AsStatusManager::handleSyncFailed(1, 0, 5)
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 [1517]: activesync: AS-MODEST: HandleOperationCompleted() aOperation [1], aArguments = [(nil)], aStatus = [1004]
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 [1517]: activesync: protocolwrapper.cpp Line 537, void HandleOperationCompleted(void*, AsDBusOperation, void*, int, const char*, const GPtrArray*): Thread 0x84820 AS CAMEL: D-Bus EVENT RECEIVED. Operation[1] Error[1004]
Jan 30 01:23:31 Nokia-N900-42-11 [1517]: activesync: protocolwrapper.cpp Line 282, void acquireSemaphore(): Thread 0x84820 AS CAMEL: storageSemaphore: Acquire semaphore

BTW, does anyone has an explanation why there are twice the Drafts and Sent Items folders?

Last edited by Saturn; 2010-02-10 at 23:28. Reason: added parts of the log

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by ukdude View Post
Hi Tomster,

Have you used mfefolders. I am finding the app takes about 30 seconds to open and then closes after 30 seconds before i finish any settings.

Any advise out there is much appreciated.

Eug
Just realised I've replied to your other comment on this here

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
BTW, does anyone has an explanation why there are twice the Drafts and Sent Items folders?
one pair is local, the other on the server.

the mail client currently doesn't save sent items on the server (this applies to IMAP accounts as well).

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
one pair is local, the other on the server.

the mail client currently doesn't save sent items on the server (this applies to IMAP accounts as well).
Thanks, I've suspected something like that. It does the same also for the Drafts and if you start a mail in Outlook it is not possible to continue where you left on Modest. It's quite annoying.

I think this is because there is a phone (local) Drafts, Sent and Outbox which is common to all messaging items, thn second set appear as 'web' folders as they are the ones held on the exchange server

I might be wrong, but that's my guess

Might be useful, I had a similar problem and one day mails didn't want to sync anymore. If I just set to sync contacts and calendar only all would complete fine.
I found out that the problem was the "Deleted Items" folder I had and everything went back to normal after disabling it with M4Efolders app.
Tried mfefolders, and it now all works fine.....not sure if it was the deleted items folder as I have disabled a couople of others too, but i suspect it was

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by wolfpac72 View Post
Hello im just wondering about the provisioning.
In fact it really seems to be a US issue, talked to several IT Guys here in big European based companies, and nobody is using provisioning.
They even told me that this is not a security issue but its just like it has been all the years and it stays like this
About the certificates, I tried using it with my M4EX Server in P12 Format which I use on my NOKIA E71 and also the Blackberry Storm i use lately for testing.
Sometimes works like charm sometimes not. But I think if the Certificate is in proper P12 Format it can work just not stable enough.
Never mind I do really not think that somebody buys the Device just for the Mail for Exchange usage, due for that its just too big, so its absolutely pointless that some people call it a brick for 600 $, not mentioning names due they are not able to use M4EX with N900

BR

Wolfpac
Would you carry around a device that you can not access your email?

I might be a complete dumbo, but I just found out why my Google Apps Premier account was not sync'ing and giving me the "Exchange Account Disabled. Access Refused" message...it was because I had not gone into the Google Mobile service settings and enabled Google Sync. Doh!

See the instructions here

http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/...&answer=138651

Just started the MfE sync process and connected correctly. Lets see if the whole process completes properly...I will report back

The Following User Says Thank You to msorsaleslie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ West Yorks
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
Would you carry around a device that you can not access your email?
I dream of not being able to access my email all the time. Think of all the crises that I wouldn't know about all the time. Bliss.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrmoosehead For This Useful Post:

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!