Active Topics

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Hiya,

Could it be "easily done" to implement and/or replace the dbus-send event used when pressing the WH-205's button with Headset-Control installed, with this? (Someplayers):
Code:
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=ru.somebody.someplayer / ru.somebody.someplayer.next
I believe many of us has migrated to this new player, instead of the stock player. Tho, I for one, really miss this feature of just pressing the button to switch song when walking outside (which happens a lot actually). Im guessing it aint as easy as I want it to be, creating a new gconf-key which would be bound to the code above.

Thoughts?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Bump. I guess noone really uses it nemore

Bump to this! It would be so nice!

Headset control was written by the legendary qwerty12. He is gone now. He almost cracked complete control of the media player via the headset however he went bug house loco and burned out.

Your options are:

1. Stick to media players that use gstreamer as the backend as hset control is actually a gstreamer remote control.

2. Dig up Hset control version 0.2 (I think). Version 0.2 was actually a set of scripts and could be used to control mplayer and panucci(?). As it was just a set of scripts you could possibly bodge it to send the someplayer dbus play/pause instead of the gstreamer play/pause.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
I really dont know how to do anything of what you said .. I found an alternative, but i still need the shell commands of Someplayer (next-track, ffwd, etc) to put them in Shortcud and use them via Proximity sensor. Anyone knows ?