Active Topics

Notices

Peace,

First thank you for all the hard work!!!!!!!

Where are the offline music files being stored on the phone? if i want to delete them how? i ask because taking a playlist "off" offline does not delete the files it just unsyncs it. is there a way to delete the stored music files? clear the memory?

can we make the offline files viewable to the built-in music player?

also how about adding to favorites/starred options for
singles.

this is the BEST app ever!!!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Reem For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reem View Post
Peace,

First thank you for all the hard work!!!!!!!

Where are the offline music files being stored on the phone? if i want to delete them how? i ask because taking a playlist "off" offline does not delete the files it just unsyncs it. is there a way to delete the stored music files? clear the memory?

can we make the offline files viewable to the built-in music player?

also how about adding to favorites/starred options for
singles.

this is the BEST app ever!!!!!!!!
Thanks a lot for your feedback, very much appreciated! The possibility to add to e.g., starred tracks will be added in a forthcoming update. I will look into whether the cache could be clear. The settings / offline files are stored in /home/user/MyDocs/.qspot directory (and subdirectories). Removing the directory will clear all stored offline / cached data. The offline files are managed by the underlying library, and as the files are encrypted it is unfortunately not possible to play them in the built-in music player.

Hi aenbacka,

I've translated QSpot text strings into spanish and created the translation_qspot_es.ts from the french version in the source repository.

Is it enough if I attach here the file?

Regards,
Rafa.
Attached Files
File Type: gz translations_qspot_es.ts.gz (3.7 KB, 119 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rgodinez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rgodinez View Post
Hi aenbacka,

I've translated QSpot text strings into spanish and created the translation_qspot_es.ts from the french version in the source repository.

Is it enough if I attach here the file?

Regards,
Rafa.
Thanks a lot for the translations, very much appreciated! The .ts file is enough, I will integrate it into the next QSpot update.

The current QSpot version 1.1.0-1 is now also finally available in the stable Extras repository, thanks to all testers!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Hi aenbacka!

Like so many have rightly done before me, I must use a few lines to express my gratitude for your remarkable work on the qspot application. It is great that there are such generous people in the world. Thank you!

I started using qspot over a year ago on my N900. Sadly, I've had a problem since last autumn and have since then not been able to start qspot more than a few times. There have been a few different behaviours in different versions of qspot, but since then I've tried anything I could think of (re-installing, rebooting, removing different qspot-folders etc.). At one time I succesfully reverted to a pre 1.0 version, after which qspot worked for a while, until the next update.

At the moment, when I start qspot, I get "Loading playlists", while one post "0 tracks" is displayed. This seems to go on indefinitely.

Oh my god! While writing this I suddenly got it running! I switched to wifi and started "Faster Application Manager". Selected de-install to see which version I had (1.1.0-1) and then quit and once more tried QSpot, which immediately started and loaded all playlists in a flash.

Ok. After the glimpse of light a moment ago, I'm back in the dark. Quit QSpot and could not restart it, either by using mobile network or wifi.

Is there any way to get you some debugging information? I will gladly do anything I can to get qspot up and running again, since it's my absolute favourite application. I have not done any programming work for the N900 yet, but am reasonably skilled at linux programming in C, if that might help somehow.

Oh, one more thing: There is a file named despotify.log, 21.1k large in /home/user/ mainly stating that it has allocated tracks at cryptical places.

Regards
Tomas (bue)

The Following User Says Thank You to bue For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bue View Post
Hi aenbacka!

Like so many have rightly done before me, I must use a few lines to express my gratitude for your remarkable work on the qspot application. It is great that there are such generous people in the world. Thank you!

I started using qspot over a year ago on my N900. Sadly, I've had a problem since last autumn and have since then not been able to start qspot more than a few times. There have been a few different behaviours in different versions of qspot, but since then I've tried anything I could think of (re-installing, rebooting, removing different qspot-folders etc.). At one time I succesfully reverted to a pre 1.0 version, after which qspot worked for a while, until the next update.

At the moment, when I start qspot, I get "Loading playlists", while one post "0 tracks" is displayed. This seems to go on indefinitely.

Oh my god! While writing this I suddenly got it running! I switched to wifi and started "Faster Application Manager". Selected de-install to see which version I had (1.1.0-1) and then quit and once more tried QSpot, which immediately started and loaded all playlists in a flash.

Ok. After the glimpse of light a moment ago, I'm back in the dark. Quit QSpot and could not restart it, either by using mobile network or wifi.

Is there any way to get you some debugging information? I will gladly do anything I can to get qspot up and running again, since it's my absolute favourite application. I have not done any programming work for the N900 yet, but am reasonably skilled at linux programming in C, if that might help somehow.

Oh, one more thing: There is a file named despotify.log, 21.1k large in /home/user/ mainly stating that it has allocated tracks at cryptical places.

Regards
Tomas (bue)
Thanks a lot for your feedback, happy you enjoy QSpot! Hopefully we can get it to work, and find the cause of your problem.

In case you start QSpot from the x-term, what is the output when the problem occurs? What folders have you tried to remove (application settings / cache)? Do you use any playlist folders (those currenly show up as empty playlists in the UI, i.e., with 0 tracks)? And do you have playlists synched offline (on some other devices as well)?

The despotify.log file was generated by earlier version when QSpot used the openspotify library. Now, with the official lib the file should not be created anymore.

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Thanks a lot for your feedback, happy you enjoy QSpot! Hopefully we can get it to work, and find the cause of your problem.

In case you start QSpot from the x-term, what is the output when the problem occurs? What folders have you tried to remove (application settings / cache)? Do you use any playlist folders (those currenly show up as empty playlists in the UI, i.e., with 0 tracks)? And do you have playlists synched offline (on some other devices as well)?

The despotify.log file was generated by earlier version when QSpot used the openspotify library. Now, with the official lib the file should not be created anymore.
I don't remember which folders I removed as that was done some time ago, but I think it was the MyDocs/.qspot folder. As I recall, QSpot "froze" the same way even after that.

I don't have any playlist folders. I do however have some messages in my Spotify Inbox. I have also subscribed to a few playlists shared by others, both collaborative and not collaborative. Alltogether I have 35 playlists.

At work I have one of these (242 tracks) marked as available offline. After offline mode became available in QSpot, I remember marking one playlist (6 tracks) in the N900 and actually listening to it in offline mode. I think it was after this that everything started getting the most troublesome. I may have had my phone online while listening to them.

I'll remove the despotify.log file.

I can not start qspot from the terminal. What's the name of the binary? Will happily provide a log if I can just start it...

Originally Posted by bue View Post
I don't remember which folders I removed as that was done some time ago, but I think it was the MyDocs/.qspot folder. As I recall, QSpot "froze" the same way even after that.

I don't have any playlist folders. I do however have some messages in my Spotify Inbox. I have also subscribed to a few playlists shared by others, both collaborative and not collaborative. Alltogether I have 35 playlists.

At work I have one of these (242 tracks) marked as available offline. After offline mode became available in QSpot, I remember marking one playlist (6 tracks) in the N900 and actually listening to it in offline mode. I think it was after this that everything started getting the most troublesome. I may have had my phone online while listening to them.

I'll remove the despotify.log file.

I can not start qspot from the terminal. What's the name of the binary? Will happily provide a log if I can just start it...
Thanks for the info.. You can start QSpot from x-term using the command /opt/qspot/bin/qspot. I hope to soon release an update using the latest version of library, which could have some impact on the problem.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dortmund
Hi,
yesterday I switched from napster (which was relaunched here in Germany a week ago) to spotify. Apart from the fact that you are forced to use a facebook account to regist I really like it. Without any hope I just tried a search of "spotify" and "maemo" (hope dies last). As you can imagine I couldn't believe my eyes. It must be boring for you, but thank you so much. This is really really great work!! I was streaming and celebrating the whole day, thank you.

Tags
premium account, spotify