Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by duesselschorsch View Post
Just donated a few bucks to QSpot as well, until yesterday the N900 was the most stable spotify client I had, then I ran in the 0 track playlist thing.
Thanks to this thread I set the bitrate to 96kbit/s, now it is working again.

Thanks!

Georg
Thanks a lot for your donation, very much appreciated I am definitely intending to continue developing QSpot, I am using it myself as the main mobile client Glad to hear that you solved the 0 track problem.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamburg, Germany
update from my site: as the 96kbit setting helped only partial i've tried to start qspot from /opt/qspot from console as root to see what's going on. and yes, there are plenty of messages showing on the console.

but the best thing is that it is now much more stable to me. but only if i close qspot also on the console with strg + c. if i close qspot through the gui i can see a segfault on the console and it starts the next time with 0 tracks.

keep the music on! even on the n900!

The Following User Says Thank You to martinwozenilek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Yeah ¡ Carry on
keep on the lights !

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by martinwozenilek View Post
update from my site: as the 96kbit setting helped only partial i've tried to start qspot from /opt/qspot from console as root to see what's going on. and yes, there are plenty of messages showing on the console.

but the best thing is that it is now much more stable to me. but only if i close qspot also on the console with strg + c. if i close qspot through the gui i can see a segfault on the console and it starts the next time with 0 tracks.

keep the music on! even on the n900!
Thanks for the info, I will look into the segfault and see if it could be the problem source. It is possible that the user settings / cache will be corrupted in case e.g., logout fails.

I've been using qspot for a long time most likely version (1.1.0-1), to make it short, I noticed via the application manager that there's an update and ever since I've had trouble with my play lists, i.e. they don't work. I uninstalled qspot but when I tried to get the old version, it just gives me the (1.2.0-1) version.
So, I've tried all the tips here and nothing works. All I get is playlists with 0 songs no matter how much I fiddle with my phone.

So I'm wondering if someone would have some suggestions to do since now qspot which I love is useless.

Sorry, I tried to make it short but looks like it's not something I can do, heh

Anyways, thanks in advance..

-db
---

Noticed that if I close qspot go offline and then start qspot and go online gets the playlists back with the songs.

Last edited by deadbeaver; 2013-06-08 at 16:10.

Originally Posted by deadbeaver View Post
I've been using qspot for a long time most likely version (1.1.0-1), to make it short, I noticed via the application manager that there's an update and ever since I've had trouble with my play lists, i.e. they don't work. I uninstalled qspot but when I tried to get the old version, it just gives me the (1.2.0-1) version.
So, I've tried all the tips here and nothing works. All I get is playlists with 0 songs no matter how much I fiddle with my phone.

So I'm wondering if someone would have some suggestions to do since now qspot which I love is useless.

Sorry, I tried to make it short but looks like it's not something I can do, heh

Anyways, thanks in advance..

-db
---

Noticed that if I close qspot go offline and then start qspot and go online gets the playlists back with the songs.
This 0 playlist problem has been experienced by several users, and I will try to look into it as soon as possible. I really do appreciate the feedback

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
I didn't see quickly-glanced if I or anyone else has reported this problem before, but at least in the latest qSpot there is an occasionally-triggered glitch where the song currently playing starts to play as two instances. One of them plays the "current" part of the song and the second instance can be heard playing the music from something like five seconds earlier. Pressing the pause button will first cut one instance and after a couple of seconds the second instance. Weird.

The Following User Says Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
What version libspotify are you using?
Qt wrapper around it has to change bit. Old one not compatible with .12

The Following User Says Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
I didn't see quickly-glanced if I or anyone else has reported this problem before, but at least in the latest qSpot there is an occasionally-triggered glitch where the song currently playing starts to play as two instances. One of them plays the "current" part of the song and the second instance can be heard playing the music from something like five seconds earlier. Pressing the pause button will first cut one instance and after a couple of seconds the second instance. Weird.
I actually reported something like this, but with 30 seconds earlier.

My experience since then is that what seems to happen is that playback happens simultanously from the "current spot" and from the input to a 30 second buffer. However, I'm almost just guessing here.

I often use the "Play Album" function (as i have the 0-track problem) and have sometimes had the feeling that the double playback problem occurs at the same place in the album as it has before.

The phenomenon usually happens at a point within a song when suddenly two parts of the song are playing at the same time. At this time I've noticed that the time counter is running at double speed. After some time (maybe 30 s or 60 s) we're back to normal playback. Also (like the Raimu said) if you press the pause button, only one of the instances are paused. After some time the other one stops as well (probably when the buffer is empty). Pressing play again after this reactivates normal playback.

Also, I have the 0 tracks problem. All the playlists are shown, but with zero tracks. Tapping a playlist displays a "list" with no tracks.

As this is the most common case by far when starting QSpot, it's hard to tell which of the "fixes" (i.e. setting 96 kb or starting/stopping from console) has had the most effect. The only thing I can say is that I feel that the fixes have had a reducing effect on the problem. However, I would still say that I get usable playlists about 5 - 10 % of the QSpot-starts. The rest of the time, they're all empty.

I would really like to help with this problem if I could. Would it be helpful for example to get a console readout from a run with normal playlists and one from a run with empty playlists?

The Following User Says Thank You to bue For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bue View Post
I actually reported something like this, but with 30 seconds earlier.

My experience since then is that what seems to happen is that playback happens simultanously from the "current spot" and from the input to a 30 second buffer. However, I'm almost just guessing here.

I often use the "Play Album" function (as i have the 0-track problem) and have sometimes had the feeling that the double playback problem occurs at the same place in the album as it has before.

The phenomenon usually happens at a point within a song when suddenly two parts of the song are playing at the same time. At this time I've noticed that the time counter is running at double speed. After some time (maybe 30 s or 60 s) we're back to normal playback. Also (like the Raimu said) if you press the pause button, only one of the instances are paused. After some time the other one stops as well (probably when the buffer is empty). Pressing play again after this reactivates normal playback.

Also, I have the 0 tracks problem. All the playlists are shown, but with zero tracks. Tapping a playlist displays a "list" with no tracks.

As this is the most common case by far when starting QSpot, it's hard to tell which of the "fixes" (i.e. setting 96 kb or starting/stopping from console) has had the most effect. The only thing I can say is that I feel that the fixes have had a reducing effect on the problem. However, I would still say that I get usable playlists about 5 - 10 % of the QSpot-starts. The rest of the time, they're all empty.

I would really like to help with this problem if I could. Would it be helpful for example to get a console readout from a run with normal playlists and one from a run with empty playlists?
I have once myself experienced the multiple songs playing problem in QSpot, however, I have not yet identified the cause. Could be buffer related, I need to look into it in more detail.

The 0-playlist problem could be library related, logs from successful / unsuccessful playlist loading could be helpful. One thing I am investigating is whether some corruption of the library cache could occur when closing down QSpot (this could have impact on the problem).

Tags
premium account, spotify