Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I get segmentation fault if I try to launch QSpot without active internet connection. In this case QSpot launches for a couple of seconds and shows "Offline mode activated" banner and then closes.

QSpot works fine if I launch it with active internet connection present and also Offline Mode works if I close internet connection after launching QSpot.

I have both CSSU and newest Power Kernel (overclocking with Ideal Profile).
If this was happening to me, which it isnt, I would try without the ideal profile, and if the problem still happened, I would purge and reinstall QSpot.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Has someone else experienced the Failed to initiate session error with the latest version?
I have. I am using current CSSU with no special power kernel or anything. I have attempted uninstalling/purging/removing sqpot and reinstalling several times (with device reboots, just to make sure), in addition to removing the .qspot settings folder, with no luck. All attempts to run qspot now end up with the following xterm output:
Code:
~ $ /opt/qspot/bin/qspot 
> set_stream 'QSpot' 
FATAL ERROR: Could not initiate session 
Segmentation fault 
~ $

Originally Posted by theseb View Post
I have. I am using current CSSU with no special power kernel or anything. I have attempted uninstalling/purging/removing sqpot and reinstalling several times (with device reboots, just to make sure), in addition to removing the .qspot settings folder, with no luck. All attempts to run qspot now end up with the following xterm output:
Code:
~ $ /opt/qspot/bin/qspot 
> set_stream 'QSpot' 
FATAL ERROR: Could not initiate session 
Segmentation fault 
~ $
I assume you have installed / upgraded from the extras-devel repository? Very strange indeed, session init would normally fail in case e.g., the wrong version of the spotify library was used (the previous version used an older version of the library). In order to make sure that the latest library is used, you could try to manually as root execute the command apt-get remove libspotify from the terminal.

I will soon ship an updated version (with e.g., MMC support), let's see in case that will help up the situation in any way. I really hope that we can find a solution to this issue (it is a bit problematic to fix due to me not being able to reproduce the issue myself).

QSpot version 1.0.0-2 is now available from extras-devel (and garage page). Changelog:

* Added support for configuring the cache / settings location (internal EMMC / MMC) in the Settings dialog. Setting can only be changed in case a valid MMC card is present.
* Misc. fixes.

Some new translations have been added, and therefore localisation is missing for those (I will add the updated translation files to gitorious soon, so they can be translated).

In case you want to move the cache to MMC, it can be done by copying the /home/user/MyDocs/.qspot directory (and subdirs) to the root of the MMC card, and changing the cache location setting correspondingly in QSpot. I have also added some more logging to this version.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
I just removed libspotify and qspot with apt-get and re-installed qspot, but it still seg faults.

Re-installed libspotify after that but same problem.

Edit: Just seen your last post, will update and report back.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Last edited by mornage; 2011-11-24 at 09:18.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
A request.

I've been using my N900 as my official music player lately. Mostly due to the lack of fmtx on my N950. There is one particular thing that would make the N900 almost perfect for that purpose and that would be to have qspot include local music library, like the desktop version does. Then I could build my playlists on my pc and include non-spotify content, and it would play if the same content if available on my N900. As the N900 has a lot of space to fill with music, this would be a pretty good, all-covering solution.

Think about it. Even without this feature QSpot is one of the best applications for N900 out there. Thanks for that!
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mornage View Post
I just removed libspotify and qspot with apt-get and re-installed qspot, but it still seg faults.

Re-installed libspotify after that but same problem.

Edit: Just seen your last post, will update and report back.
Strange. Anyway the libspotify package is unnecessary (the library is now shipped as part of the qspot package), and therefore it is best to make sure it is removed so it does not conflict in anyway with the version in use.

Originally Posted by mece View Post
A request.

I've been using my N900 as my official music player lately. Mostly due to the lack of fmtx on my N950. There is one particular thing that would make the N900 almost perfect for that purpose and that would be to have qspot include local music library, like the desktop version does. Then I could build my playlists on my pc and include non-spotify content, and it would play if the same content if available on my N900. As the N900 has a lot of space to fill with music, this would be a pretty good, all-covering solution.

Think about it. Even without this feature QSpot is one of the best applications for N900 out there. Thanks for that!
Thanks for the suggestion, I think it would indeed make sense to add such local file support to QSpot..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
By the way, In case you want to support QSpot, you can still vote for it in the MeeGo Coding Competiton, which ends today..

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, I think it would indeed make sense to add such local file support to QSpot..
I'd like the feature also, as long as it supports music in .flac format since that's what my N900 is filled with...

The Following User Says Thank You to Nozu For This Useful Post:

Tags
premium account, spotify