Active Topics

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
I sent him a message about it, but so far, he hasn't responded. I suppose i could use my black ones, for his white case, if i grab it, but replacing them with white would look better. Black would make it look... different, Not sure.
In reality i would much prefer a "new" one, but a couple of months shouldn't exactly have worn it out.

How much trouble would it be to swap / fix the buttons on his case, with the ones from mine? Is it at all possible?

I had an issue with the buttons rattling in the case on mine before they swapped a butt-load of internals on it, how much of that is down to assembly, and how much is factory tolerances?

Again, thank you guys n' girls for the time and effort.
B!

Don't think that you want to go down that route as think that you need to use heat gun to soften glue to allow removal of cream base plate under motherboard. Seem to remember replacing AV connector on one and swore never again.

So if i use his case, it's with the broken button, all right, at least i know what i'm getting my self in to. We'll see what happens.

Thanks, yet again.

Offer of SIM tray and USB door in white remains open.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Anybody found any oem shells recently?

Also does anyone know of reputable shop for replacement screens?

Holy crap they're available new!
http://www.dx.com/p/nokia-n9-meego-w...B#.V5Yvdb8nHCQ

Now to track down a white one..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to optimaxxx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Offer of SIM tray and USB door in white remains open.
Finally got around to swapping my housing, my SIM-tray hasn't been borked enough to make me do it sooner... I mean, almost a year now? No big deal, right...
Anyway. Replacing the housing was easy enough. But the white USB door just wouldn't stay on when i tried to close it. It would be nice and stuck in the open position, but when one tried to close the hatch it came right off. Probably something i did, but i ended up not using the white USB cover, and SIM tray.

Oh. And of course. At this point, i realized i had a completely different issue. I'm going to assume it's something with the connectors, or a bad solderjoint / trace. The SIM card wouldn't show up. Pulled the screen of again, and sort of "looked at it" not really doing anything, like that would fix anything, ever.
Went on the infamous Interwebz, and googled the **** out of "Nokia N9 no SIM". Apparently there is some magic voodoo going on, requiring you to press down on chips, and massage connectors. So i grabbed a bag of chips, and practically stood on it, before i figured they meant the stuff on the PCB. So now i have bits of potato everywhere, but i sort of rubbed the RF shielding and the connectors in the phone a little, and, before slamming the screen in it's place, tried with the SIM card. Apparently a bit of loving did it, now it works. For how long, who knows. I don't have any intention of trying to reflow this thing, so if it starts acting up, it gets retired in favor for a new phone.

So lets hope this lasts a few months more at the very least. I like my N9, even if it's primitive as ****, with todays standards.
B!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr B For This Useful Post: