Active Topics

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
An Update -

Hildon Foundation has purchased a vBulletin license and is arranging for the forum to be migrated from Reggie. Thanks to Reggie for his past and present contributions to the community through this forum.

Chemist, who has been a forum moderator for several years, has agreed to take over the functions previously performed by Reggie. There will be some tweaks to the forum next year to reflect the slight shift from Nokia sponsorship to maemo software. Please contact either Chemist or Maemo Council regarding tweaks to moderation, or other day-to-day supervision, operation and administration of the forum.

http://hildonfoundation.org/new-vbul...cense-for-tmo/

Last edited by SD69; 2012-12-22 at 20:12.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I know there is for example a Data Protection Act in place in the UK which, if I understand it correctly (IANAL), states that an organization cannot keep your personal data for longer than 6 moths (which is why my Blockbusters card expired and some headhunters keep calling me every 6 months just to keep my account alive). Is this the kind of thing you have in mind?
It's laws and regulations like the Data Protection Act that we have in mind because they impose overhead requirements such as but not limited to the 6 month rule you mentioned. We have no desire to release data to third parties, but we don't want a regulatory system that would for example mandate that people re-opt-in every 6 months as we would not disturb and would not be calling people every 6 months like your Blockbusters. There is no actual concern about the Data Protection Act because AFAIK there is no suggestion to put the TMO forum in UK.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
So just on the update part; if a vBulletin licence has been purchased and data is being migrated, where is the TMO database now going to be hosted?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
So just on the update part; if a vBulletin licence has been purchased and data is being migrated, where is the TMO database now going to be hosted?
The current intent is that it be hosted in Finland, at least temporarily. Please note this sentence in the privacy policy:

You expressly accept and give your unambiguous consent that your Personal Information gained in connection with your use of the Site, with respect to the Site, may be transferred across international borders to server locations supporting the Site (mirror sites), including but not limited to transfers from those locations back to the country of your registration, for operating and developing the Site or for the purposes of storing the data in the relevant database, which may be located in Finland or in some other country or countries within the European Union.

Update: I have just found out that there is some cost related uncertainty to where the tmo forum will be located - so stay tuned!

Last edited by SD69; 2013-01-03 at 18:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post: