Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

i love the 2% thing, btw; incentivizes us to give more, and not to hesitate til the end, while ALSO shows us that you have an additional incentive to setup preorders asap.

also, its a bit early for such concerns, but i figure id say it now anyway: it would be far more convenient for me personally, to have this function as a discount {collecting less euros for the preorder} rather than a rebate {cutting a check or whatever after everything is said and done}.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by British View Post
There's no shop yet, only donations, and the commercial tools used for the shop (whenever it's up) will probably not be the same.
I GODDAMN KNOW that there are only donations, just thought that it will be sold in the same shop. Obviously it's already shitty, because some people just can't donate.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by mhzesent View Post
I GODDAMN KNOW that there are only donations, just thought that it will be sold in the same shop. Obviously it's already shitty, because some people just can't donate.
Sorry for the inconvenience, we simply can't handle some countries (or rather the payment system can't since it verifies the data online to avoid credit card fraud). Please mailto: info AT goldelico DOT com to ask for details how to proceed.
See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1383547 please!

Regards
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-10-31 at 19:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
i love the 2% thing, btw; incentivizes us to give more, and not to hesitate til the end, while ALSO shows us that you have an additional incentive to setup preorders asap.
that's been the idea(s) behind it :-)
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
also, its a bit early for such concerns, but i figure id say it now anyway: it would be far more convenient for me personally, to have this function as a discount {collecting less euros for the preorder} rather than a rebate {cutting a check or whatever after everything is said and done}.
We will do exactly this. Sorry when "rebate" made you think different. Of course we will calculate beforehand the amount payable, not refund afterwards. Given all the hassle with money transfers it would be silly to do any other way.

cheers
/j

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-11-02 at 12:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
After going through the neo900-feasibility.pdf one thing occurred to me. There was a "barometer/thermometer" planned in the original specs, but nothing about a thermometer is mentioned in the study. So is it planned to be omitted now or just that it falls under the same barometer sensor? I really hope it isn't omitted. One of the main uses I have for my N900 is offline navigation in the remote Himalayas.The thermometer could be an utterly useful feature!
Regards

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to goodearth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by goodearth View Post
After going through the neo900-feasibility.pdf one thing occurred to me. There was a "barometer/thermometer" planned in the original specs, but nothing about a thermometer is mentioned in the study. So is it planned to be omitted now or just that it falls under the same barometer sensor? I really hope it isn't omitted. One of the main uses I have for my N900 is offline navigation in the remote Himalayas.The thermometer could be an utterly useful feature!
Regards
I noticed the missing thermometer in specs as well, dunno where it dropped off the table, but I didn't concern too much since it's actually pretty hard to make a good thermometer that probes for real ambient temperature and not some "indoor" temp with "CPU-heating". IOW: I'll keep an eye on it, anyway the thermometer is a inherent component of barometer afaik, so it won't get "optimized out".

Thanks for mentioning it.
cheers
jOERG

PS: note to self: consider using contacts to stylus as combined stylus-presence-detector (short when stylus missing), antenna for dunno FM(?) with special stylus#1, themo-sensor special stylus#2

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-10-31 at 19:47.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
I can corroborate this strangeness...I tried to donate with a perfectly fine mastercard... ...twice it rejected and said there were errors with card inputted info.....but there were NO errors...the info was inputted correctly......After the 2nd failed donation attempt...I found that a little disconcerting....so..I tried another different perfectly ok mastercard.... and it went through on the 1st go. Then I received the confirmation email..so I knew it went through.

I wondered whether there may be a false positive.

Hopefully not too many go through that...and hopefully it doesn't create extra work for you guys...
I had exactly the same experience. With my dutch Mastercard (I live in Germany, but my proxy can use either a german or a dutch IP) it failed, which lead me to even reset my SecureCode.

Then I tried with my german Mastercard, and it went fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I had exactly the same experience. With my dutch Mastercard (I live in Germany, but my proxy can use either a german or a dutch IP) it failed, which lead me to even reset my SecureCode.

Then I tried with my german Mastercard, and it went fine.
If you haven't already done it, please report those issues to Nikolaus via e-mail. He's the one who's in charge of the shop, he might want to know some details so he may eventually be able to fix those problems. Thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Finland
Keep up the amazing work guys!
Too bad donation is not possible with Visa electron, bitcoin or paypal.
Best luck with the endeavoure anyways!

The Following User Says Thank You to DcDimmi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
If you haven't already done it, please report those issues to Nikolaus via e-mail. He's the one who's in charge of the shop, he might want to know some details so he may eventually be able to fix those problems. Thanks.
Will Do.......

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following User Says Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!