Active Topics

For less battery usage better option is infinity awaiting for new email. One require: email server must has that functionality (gmail has).

Fetchmail do it perfect (from easy debian debian_jessie1sulu_armhf.img.lzma from http://qole.org/files/)

Code:
debbie fetchmail -v --fetchlimit 1
in fetchmailrc file, enable two function:
keep
idle

It works like SMS. Fetchmail connect to server. It keeps connection and idle. When email server gets new message then it inform fetchmail that is new message and fetchmail pulls it immediately. No power waste for constantly sync and it's the fastest method as can be.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ontime For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
@onetime interesting method.

I will link to a fetchmail version compiled for maemo. Feel free to try this package. When its working I could upload it to extras.

fetchmail_6.3.26-1maemo1_armel.deb

fetchmailconf_6.3.26-1maemo1_all.deb

fetchmail_6.3.26-1maemo1.tar.gz

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
I read through your problems; I found no mention for recalibrate the battery. Maybe that could help...
Thanks! That's what I was hoping for, but I only got a condemnation for my batteries for being senile... I might try that when I have some spare time.

Originally Posted by Halftux
I will link to a fetchmail version compiled for maemo. Feel free to try this package. When its working I could upload it to extras.
Sounds promising, but I guess I'll wait for the package

The Following User Says Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post: