Notices

Hello guys, I would like to use grimwepa on my n900 which I downloaded from http://grimwepa.googlecode.com/svn/t...mwepa-n900.jar, it is an optimized version for the n900. As it is a java file and the n900 doesnt support java by default, I installed microemulator and icedtea6. However when I launch microemulator and try to launch grimwepa, I find the fie click open but all it does is take me to the microemulator homepage.
Help please!

The Following User Says Thank You to charaf.berdai For This Useful Post:
Simply run the JAR using `java -jar grimwepa-n900.jar` - assuming you have icedtea6 and the required symlinks and patched drivers for packet injection.

Works just fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Simply run the JAR using `java -jar grimwepa-n900.jar` - assuming you have icedtea6 and the required symlinks and patched drivers for packet injection.

Works just fine.
Got it got it,

apt-get install libgif4

It's still looking for wpa_supplicant, ill see if i can install that too.

thanks guys!

Last edited by ethernin; 2010-11-23 at 06:02.

Originally Posted by ethernin View Post
Got it got it,

apt-get install libgif4

It's still looking for wpa_supplicant, ill see if i can install that too.

thanks guys!
Ok so I got grimwepa installed and running, but it doesn't seem to see any access points or countdown the timeout from 3 seconds like in the videos. I have tried putting the card into monitor mode (wlan0 which it sees) and have tried using the patched injection drivers. starting to run out of ideas! One cool thing I did was install wifite - http://code.google.com/p/wifite/ which is the successor to grimwepa. It seems to work...but i need aircrack-ng v 1.1 which i don't have for the n900, only 1.0. Any help on getting my GUI's working would kick ***.

Thanks

Ok so it wasn't working, and then I went to the wonderful site of grimwepa and learn that if i ran it with
java -jar grimwepa1.06a.jar -v

I could check the debugging, which showed that I didn't have xterm installed! No wonder it didn't work!

apt-get install xterm

YAY it ALL WORKS NOW!!!

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ intheclouds
Originally Posted by ethernin View Post
Ok so I got grimwepa installed and running, but it doesn't seem to see any access points or countdown the timeout from 3 seconds like in the videos. I have tried putting the card into monitor mode (wlan0 which it sees) and have tried using the patched injection drivers. starting to run out of ideas! One cool thing I did was install wifite - http://code.google.com/p/wifite/ which is the successor to grimwepa. It seems to work...but i need aircrack-ng v 1.1 which i don't have for the n900, only 1.0. Any help on getting my GUI's working would kick ***.

Thanks
you can get GUI 'kinda' working on WiFite installing this:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install xterm python-tk
GUI is working but not optimized for 'landscape' mode, you need to enable auto-rotate with 'Ctrl+Shift+R' and close the keyboard, but after that when you choose the options it start but complain for
Warning: cannot convert string "nil2" to type FontStruct
I sow your comment and decide to give it a try! but have no more time now to dig more

But without GUI is working good even with aircrack-ng v.1.0 and no pyrim installed...

I tried with this version:
http://code.google.com/p/wifite/down...54.py&can=2&q=
Code:
python wifite_r54.py
I tested with installed driver form lxp
and set it up manually in monitor mode because wifite.py for some reason cannot do it!

Cheers

Do you guys have a tutorial to get grimwepa working or the other wifite?