Notices

I'm sorry I'm really not a developper...
I'm trying to follow the steps detailled on the wiki page. Everything works fine until step 6 (edit the obex start command... by including option --pbap or --irmc or --capability...), I don't know how I can edit this file... could someone please explain it?
Thank you so much!

Bennyz

I can confirm that my Parrot MK6000 works via IRMC. I added it to the wiki page.
BTW: there is a new obexd version 0.30.

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Bennyz View Post
I'm sorry I'm really not a developper...
I'm trying to follow the steps detailled on the wiki page. Everything works fine until step 6 (edit the obex start command... by including option --pbap or --irmc or --capability...), I don't know how I can edit this file... could someone please explain it?
Thank you so much!

Bennyz
Hi Bennyz!

You can edit this file just like any other txt-file using any editor...
For example using "leafpad":
First cd to the directory where the file is located, as root:

Code:
cd /usr/share/dbus-1/services/
Then open the file in leafpad:

Code:
leafpad obexd.service
Make the desired changes to the file.
Hit save in leafpad (from topbar menu).
Close leafpad.

I am still having difficulties accessing my N900 contacts through my Audi RNS-E carkit in an A4 Avant with a production date of Oct-2007. See attached communication captured with hcidump.

I waited for about 5 minutes, but still was not able to access the phonebook. Any clue what is going on?
Attached Files
File Type: zip rns-e.zip (7.1 KB, 154 views)

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Went trough your log and to my understanding your car kit does not try to establish a pbap-connection. Are you sure that your car kit supports pbap-profile?

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
I can confirm that my Parrot MK6000 works via IRMC. I added it to the wiki page.
BTW: there is a new obexd version 0.30.
Great it works for you!

One thing I'd like to know is what happens on incomming calls. On my carkit I just see 'private number' while my phone displays te proper callerid. How is that on ypur Parrot?

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oulu, Finland
Same thing as with 2008 Skoda. It tries to read phonebook with non-standard AT commands (for bluetooth HSP/HFP profile) which are not supported by N900 (bluez stack to be exact). (Starts reading with AT+CPBS=? command which returns ERROR)

- Janne

Originally Posted by sanderlo View Post
I am still having difficulties accessing my N900 contacts through my Audi RNS-E carkit in an A4 Avant with a production date of Oct-2007. See attached communication captured with hcidump.

I waited for about 5 minutes, but still was not able to access the phonebook. Any clue what is going on?

Originally Posted by mirakels View Post
Great it works for you!

One thing I'd like to know is what happens on incomming calls. On my carkit I just see 'private number' while my phone displays te proper callerid. How is that on your Parrot?
Since my carkit does not have a display it speaks the name. That works perfectly with incoming calls as well when navigating through the phone book.
Even multiple phone numbers per contact work.

Originally Posted by jarmo2 View Post
Went trough your log and to my understanding your car kit does not try to establish a pbap-connection. Are you sure that your car kit supports pbap-profile?
The carkit works fine with my Blackberry 9700 and I also have enabled IRMC, so I would have expected at least one of the two to work. I will destroy all pairings and reconnect to see what happens.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by sanderlo View Post
The carkit works fine with my Blackberry 9700 and I also have enabled IRMC, so I would have expected at least one of the two to work. I will destroy all pairings and reconnect to see what happens.
As I stated earlier, it tries to read it with phonebook access over AT "protocol". First with AT+CPBS command to select phonebook memory storage and then propably with AT+CPBR command. Only AT+CPBS command is shown in logs though.

This was found in other thread earlier http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=155.

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile