Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
The application AutoDisconnect is now available in the extra-devel repository.

The thread for this app is here. Don't hesitate to post feedback there!

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Note to all people with questions about the script I posted: Please use the autodisconnect calvin_42 uploaded to extras-devel. And don't forget to disable extras-devel afterwards blah blah!

Originally Posted by low life View Post
Is there a way to establish the gprs0 connection from the command line/with a simple script?
Yes. Something like
Code:
dbus-send --type=method_call --system --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.connect string:"Internet Pelephone" uint32:0
Where "Internet Pelephone" should be replaced by the i.d. of your connection. Find it by examining the output of

gconftool-2 -R /system/osso/connectivity/IAP

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Yes. Something like
Code:
dbus-send --type=method_call --system --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.connect string:"Internet Pelephone" uint32:0
Where "Internet Pelephone" should be replaced by the i.d. of your connection. Find it by examining the output of

gconftool-2 -R /system/osso/connectivity/IAP
Ah it works, thanks a lot (again)! I thought I tried that at some point and it didn't work, but I guess I did something a bit different.. That and the wiki saying that it wouldn't work with GPRS connection made me give up trying it that way. Either way, awesome!

Last edited by low life; 2010-02-20 at 13:44.

Tags
automatic, connect, connect automatically, connect on activity, connect on demand, connect on use, data, data connection, disconnect, disconnect automatically, disconnect when idle, fremantle, gprs, internet, maemo, maemo 5, n900, on demand, on use