Posts: 116 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ in states for now
just wnat to point out there will be no pr 1.4 so qq and moan starting now so it can end sooner

kthx

Last edited by bayernhan; 2010-10-15 at 00:21.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
wow are you trying to reassure us? i think anyone who has an n900 and suffered from the shitty service from nokia knows that. pr1.4, we dont even know when pr1.3 is coming! nokia says soon- ********.
anyways, nokia just confirmed that there will be no dualbooting because they are busy ensuring what is best for the n900. wow what a joke.

Originally Posted by anwar71839 View Post
wow are you trying to reassure us? i think anyone who has an n900 and suffered from the shitty service from nokia knows that. pr1.4, we dont even know when pr1.3 is coming! nokia says soon- ********.
anyways, nokia just confirmed that there will be no dualbooting because they are busy ensuring what is best for the n900. wow what a joke.
And here I was getting happy, for the dual booting for nothing...

" nokia just confirmed that there will be no dualbooting because they are busy ensuring what is best for the n900. wow what a joke"

Really Nokia, why you treating us like kids?
If anything we should have the power of the n900's future because without this community, there wouldn't be a N900

Originally Posted by superhero View Post
And here I was getting happy, for the dual booting for nothing...
Yup! nokia never fails to disappoint. check the post on the PR update on the news section.

Originally Posted by superhero View Post
" nokia just confirmed that there will be no dualbooting because they are busy ensuring what is best for the n900. wow what a joke"

Really Nokia, why you treating us like kids?
If anything we should have the power of the n900's future because without this community, there wouldn't be a N900
So true. But i guess n900 has to die. i havent seen any post on nitdroid dev for some time now, and besides some talented developers have left the community.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ in states for now
There should be a book written about the n900 its prologue, and conclusion

1.3 wont have flash 10.1 or updated ovi maps so qq moar also

kthx

Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
just because there's no 'official' support for dualbooting meego and/or PR1.3 maemo doesn't mean it will not be a direct possibility. meego will work on the N900 platform, and the community will make it dual bootable (read: make it easy for people who don't feel like reading or putting in the time and effort to do it themselves). look at the direct quote...

The Nokia N900 is used as development hardware for platform developers working with MeeGo on ARM hardware architecture. While the software from the MeeGo project runs on the Nokia N900 for development purposes, Nokia does not intend to provide a dual-boot OS option to consumers in upcoming N900 commercial software releases as we want to ensure that we provide the best possible experience designed for that device. The meego.com blog post was primarily targeted to the audience reading the blog: MeeGo developers.
to boil it down for you: it runs on the N900. it has to, as it is the development platform for meego on ARM. it won't be officially supported and no official dual boot option will exist for one simple fact: if it is 'officially' released by Nokia, then it will have to be officially SUPPORTED by Nokia. Since this device is at its commercial 'end of life', Nokia cannot be bothered with that. That being said, this community provides excellent support for pretty much everything you need, and will provide the dual boot methods, just like it did for android... or mer... or ubuntu... Just be patient, and actually read.

Originally Posted by anwar71839 View Post
So true. But i guess n900 has to die. i havent seen any post on nitdroid dev for some time now, and besides some talented developers have left the community.
For Nitdroid you need to head over to forums.nitdroid.com (they moved things over there to makes things easier)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Yeesh... Who here exclusively uses "officially supported" Nokia software (besides the phone) on their N900's now anyway?

If it was announced that a PR 2.0 was in the works that addressed every single dang issue ever whined about on this board it would get real quiet around here...

...for only about 2 freakin' days.

By then, someone would dream up something it doesn't do like start the coffee maker in the morning or suttin', they will start a whiny thread, and then a whole bunch of folks will feed off it until they whip themselves into a dang frenzy and wont appear to be satisfied until governments are overthrown.

SLN member # 009