Here is the situation. I love my N900, but I worry soon it will become useless. I'm not sure when but the merger of TMobile and ATT will occur soon and that means the N900 will no longer be a usable phone for me. I will have to switch to something that is more compatible to the AT&T network and still keep my current user plan with them since I'll be grandfathered in.

What do you fellow users plan on doing? I would like to purchase an E7 when the time comes but only if it will work properly on the network. I read different parts here and there and people say it works on both?!

I am not in the same league as the rest of you who can actually code your own programs, but I enjoy my N900 and the home made apps that have been brought/born to the N900. Will the E7 be boring compared to it or should I just go droid and join their bandwagons.

TL;DR
-What phone should I look to buy when I have to switch to an AT&T network?
-How will the E7 treat me, since I don't need to be writing programs but will want a phone I can enjoy as much as the N900?

I love my nokias

N950!!!
If you love n900 you need meego and qwerty

no android, no symbian, no ios, no 100‰ touchscreen

Why not do what I'm considering, keep the N900 and get the E7?
The N900 is still pretty usable even without a sim card in it.
You got the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, IRDA and FM transmitter for starters.
With more internal memory than the E7 the N900 could be used to back up data.

Originally Posted by PartyboyXP View Post
N950!!!
If you love n900 you need meego and qwerty

no android, no symbian, no ios, no 100‰ touchscreen
Fat chance, I have yet to see even a spec of hope for the N950 being made available. And even then, in it is made to support AT&T networks. Please, show me a thread with that spec of hope, PLEASSSSE!!!! lol

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Why not do what I'm considering, keep the N900 and get the E7?
The N900 is still pretty usable even without a sim card in it.
You got the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, IRDA and FM transmitter for starters.
With more internal memory than the E7 the N900 could be used to back up data.
Oh, I don't ever plan on even selling it. Not that it would sell for anything anyways when the time comes, but I plan on encasing it in a bullet proof showcase and show my children what the greatest phone of all time looks like.

Or just as a favorite paper weight. I have time to debate the usage.

i thought the 3g bands were being combined? that the aquisition was meant to expand coverage, include t-mo's bands...

i'm a little unclear about the transition to lte 4g, that might bone us.

Yes, the e7 will work on pretty much any frequency in the world, gsm wise anyway. I have both, e7 is entirely different from n900. I love my n900 more than anything, but e7 does a few things better, notnsaying it is entirely better, just these are the things it does better:

Maps nav
Hardware, metal, glass, amoled, and yes even keyboard
Phone and gsm network functions
Contact mgmt, mainly all the fields
Battery life

Other than that, I use my n900

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
i tried e7 before, you'll be disappointed. I am on tmobile as well, I was thinking getting galaxy s2 for my next phone if i am unable to use 3g connection on my n900 anymore.

Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
Yes, the e7 will work on pretty much any frequency in the world, gsm wise anyway. I have both, e7 is entirely different from n900. I love my n900 more than anything, but e7 does a few things better, notnsaying it is entirely better, just these are the things it does better:

Maps nav
Hardware, metal, glass, amoled, and yes even keyboard
Phone and gsm network functions
Contact mgmt, mainly all the fields
Battery life

Other than that, I use my n900
Thats the thing, it has what I use my phone for mainly. But will I enjoy all the apps that are available or will it be a let down? I know it has its own community and all, so I'm hoping it would keep me interested. Like I said, I'm not one for writing apps and such, but I enjoy they ones made now as well as the minor tweaking I have learned from this forum.

Originally Posted by khuong View Post
i tried e7 before, you'll be disappointed. I am on tmobile as well, I was thinking getting galaxy s2 for my next phone if i am unable to use 3g connection on my n900 anymore.
Disappointed how? In terms of what? I love having a keyboard and a phone that does it all, and it seems like the only thing I can get close to an N900 but not where I wish it were(N950).

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by technician4 View Post
i thought the 3g bands were being combined? that the aquisition was meant to expand coverage, include t-mo's bands...

i'm a little unclear about the transition to lte 4g, that might bone us.
The N900 will work on ATT EDGE network but not their 3G. Nonetheless, ATT is planning on rolling with 4G in the near future, which implies the 3G capabilties of the N900 with T-Mobile now will soon be the past once ATT take over.

So, in the end, host of others will be screw once ATT takes over.

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
The N900 will work on ATT EDGE network but not their 3G. Nonetheless, ATT is planning on rolling with 4G in the near future, which implies the 3G capabilties of the N900 with T-Mobile now will soon be the past once ATT take over.

So, in the end, host of others will be screw once ATT takes over.
That's what I am aware of, and why I am looking for something compatible with their networks when it does take effect.

Anyone know when that would occur?