Has anyone actually been successful syncing the calendar function with Garnet VM?

My contacts and memos sync perfectly, but not the calendar. I keep getting a message indicating that there is not enough memory on the handheld, but this can't be accurate as even when I create a second user account on the Palm with only one calendar entry, I get the same message.

MJP

i know this isn't answering your question, and i apologize, but how did you sync them? i can't sync palm desktop and GVM at all, i entered the ip address on the hot sync button and it says "failed: can't connect"

ive been searching these forums and cant find a clear cut answer...its frustrating because i desperately need some good .ppt and .doc programs and the palm OS has a few that i could use, yet i can't get any of them to install

its FRUSTRATING....................................... ..

The Following User Says Thank You to KCOTT For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by KCOTT View Post
i

ive been searching these forums and cant find a clear cut answer...its frustrating because i desperately need some good .ppt and .doc programs and the palm OS has a few that i could use, yet i can't get any of them to install

its FRUSTRATING....................................... ..
I had the same problem. I did two things to make it work. first i enabled the network hotsync option in hotsync manager.

still not working, I realized that, somehow i had windows firewall on (thought i had it off) I went into the firewall settings and realized the hotsync manager wasn't selected as an expection. i selected it, now my hotsync works.

I really need the calander though, that is one of the key needs. any help on sync for calander would be much appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to windzilla For This Useful Post:
you da man...i got it to work

Originally Posted by windzilla View Post

I really need the calander though, that is one of the key needs. any help on sync for calander would be much appreciated.
Sorry if this isn't quite what you are looking for. But if you are willing to use Googles online Calendar, you can syc that with your GPE calendar using Erminig. It works great but for me there were a few kinks to work out in the beginning. The install is not hard if you go directly to the developers web site for the needed files. There are a half dozen pretty easy steps to get it installed. Of course you then need net access to syncronize.

Neil

The Following User Says Thank You to sungrove For This Useful Post:
thanks, its a stop-gap, but unfortunately not everywhere I need it has internet available to me.

Hi Guys,

I'm able to synchronise contacts from my windows xp but not the calendar. Can anyone assist me? I get a number of errors in the hotsync manager log that prevent outlook from synchronising.

Outlook Date Book
OLERR:05-0001
OLERR:0D-0004
OLERR:0D-0001
- Not Synchronized
Outlook Date Book synchronization failed

Anyone have any ideas?

Manni

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Toronto Canada
Regret to advise that, although having installed GarnetVM at least six times, Calendar has never hotsync'd. Each time the log gave the same results as yours - not enough memory.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I hate to burst your bubble, but you essentially have a copyright problem:

http://http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=98141&postcount=12

I would like Calendar to sync too. I could then load Pocket Quicken atop gvm and put my Zire 72 in mothballs.

Hi there,

I already knew about the calendar and datebook issue, I'm using a Palm Zire 71 which is an older model and uses the datebook.

When synchronising I have tried using the original Hot sync manager and the latest version 7.? from the Palm website. If I use datebook instead of calendar with the latest version of sync manager I am able to sync the Zire 71 to the PC no problems. If I do select the calendar conduit then there is nothing to sync as expected.

So I have been trying to sync the datebook with N800 and getting the above errors. Hope this clarifies things.

Last edited by manni; 2008-05-13 at 02:01.

Tags
garnet, palm