Active Topics

From Russia With Love, the first ever wifi scanner for Harmattan.
http://forum.allnokia.ru/viewtopic.php?t=88068

Artem Bukin, the Russian programmer who also released the excellent MeeFastDial and MeeRadioMode has released a wifi scanner for Harmattan.

This important app has long been in coming. Others have tried and failed so there may have been some roadblocks along the way. Artem took a little more than a week to crack it from conception to release.

Note: if the scanner fails to detect all the networks in your vicinity it is not its fault. Our N9 has rather poor wifi sensitivity compared to other phones. It will detect more networks than using Settings/internet connection/connect to internet.

If you find his apps useful, please make a donation on his webpage. so he can produce more apps for us. His apps are all free.
http://bukin.su/appsen/

His future plans:
"My future plans to improve meeRadioMode, that will be have few icons like "flight mode", "drop connections", etc, and with settings you can hide icons from home screen.

For meeWiMan I want to play with location API for saving networks in the map, and with history by location point."

Last edited by Kein; 2012-03-14 at 13:13.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kein For This Useful Post:
It works great, I'm one of those "others that have tried and failed", I sent him an email, I hope he help us to get this for any app that needs it, thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Iktwo For This Useful Post:
Will this come to Store?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Excellent finding/news!
Hopefully he gets everyone's feedback in this thread, instead of remaining at that forum.

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
thanks for this...we really needed this on the n9..

The developer it's a very nice person and he is helping me getting wifi scanning, once I get it I will update WiFik's source code

The Following User Says Thank You to Iktwo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
waited patiently and was not disappointed. Thankyou

MeeRadioMode 0.1.5 has been updated with vibration feedback. A single push when call started and a double push when call ends. You can download it here:

http://forum.allnokia.ru/viewtopic.php?t=87419

Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Will this come to Store?
Yes, awaiting ovi store clearance. Btw, I'm not his official spokesman, I just happen to have some communication with him.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kein For This Useful Post:
A great development for Harmattan. I've been waiting for this app since I got my N9.